Honored Contributor

Not a dry eye in the house 💕

Were you watching the presentation by Melissa Fleming-Epps on ITKWD this morning?  It was so touching.  My son is a social worker who works with young adults like Melissa's daughter.  We know how powerful it is for them to have meaningful work.  DH and I were sitting here wiping away tears.  I'm so happy that it was successful for Cassidy and her classmates ðŸ’•

Here's the item, but it did sell out.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not a dry eye in the house 💕

Thanks for explaining all the tears.  I switched from world news in time for the hugging and tears.  Thought perhaps she had a cookbook that sold out.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Not a dry eye in our house either. So happy it was a sucess.

Respected Contributor

I love Melissa and her story about her daughter was touching. I was wiping the tears away also. Never knew the story before.

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

I was late for the party didn't quite understand what was going on. I was emailing and had the sound turned off then I saw the woman start crying, then David started crying and I got a kleenex didn't know why I wanted to cry, but, everybody else was so then I teared up.

Think it had something to do with the woman's daughter maybe she had passed ?   Glad it sold out the lady seemed so happy and excited.

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat  I did see the presentation and it turned me into a puddle of mush!  Geez!  I purchased the pottery and I'm so happy it sold out.  Sending hugs to Melissa and her daughter Cassidy!

Honored Contributor

I saw it too house_cat...brought tears to my eyes as well.  I am so happy for Melissa that it sold out.  David is just the BEST person in how he handled the whole presentation and gave comfort to Melissa ....definitely a happy-emotional moment!!!  

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Were you watching the presentation by Melissa Fleming-Epps on ITKWD this morning?  It was so touching.  My son is a social worker who works with young adults like Melissa's daughter.  We know how powerful it is for them to have meaningful work.  DH and I were sitting here wiping away tears.  I'm so happy that it was successful for Cassidy and her classmates ðŸ’•

Here's the item, but it did sell out.

I am so sad I missed this!

Right as it was starting my dad called!!

This is what I really love about the Q is how they can showcase new designs or products or in this case a product that also has a lovely cause/ story behind it!!

Thanks for posting!!

@house_cat 

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  Thanks for posting! I love that QVC did this for Melissa's daughter's school. I have a special needs granddaughter who is just the best! Her teachers are beyond wonderful, and her parents are amazing. They also have five children. This is very near and dear to my heart.