Honored Contributor

Not Happy With Sam's 3 Pie Set!!!

Those petite pies (set of 3) barely have any filling!  Has anyone bought them?  Hope you like a lot of pastry!!!  Unfortunatly, It's the only way to get cherry!  I'm done!

I was told Publix has good cherry.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Re: Not Happy With Sam's 3 Pie Set!!!

I saw those little pies when I was at Sam's  but didn't buy them.

The few times I purchased pie at Sam's and Costco, I had to throw them out.  my DH said they were horrible.

I bought a package of 8 gourmet cupcakes at Sam's two weeks ago.  They were really beautiful and looked yummy.  i threw them out too.  My kids and my DH said the frosting tasted like crisco with a ton of sugar mixed in and there was not enough cake.  It was 80% frosting.

Homemade pies are best.  I am going to make lemon meringue tomorrow.  I can whip a pie up quicker than a cake mix.

I am sorry you got cheated out of enjoyment of eating something you were looking forward to.  Maybe you can take them back or complain and get your money refunded.  You could try.

I wish you were my neighbor. I'd make you a pie. I have a freezer full of cherries.  I have a sour cherry tree in my yard.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sam's guarantees satisfaction with any of their products.  You could definitely take them back for a refund - assuming you haven't consumed them all!

(We buy any pies we want from an excellent local bakery.)

Trusted Contributor

I tried the pie at a church function. I was very glad I hadn't bought it. They were mushy and really not very tasty. Most things I get at Sam's have been really good. This was a bad surprise.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I saw those little pies when I was at Sam's  but didn't buy them.

The few times I purchased pie at Sam's and Costco, I had to throw them out.  my DH said they were horrible.

I bought a package of 8 gourmet cupcakes at Sam's two weeks ago.  They were really beautiful and looked yummy.  i threw them out too.  My kids and my DH said the frosting tasted like crisco with a ton of sugar mixed in and there was not enough cake.  It was 80% frosting.

Homemade pies are best.  I am going to make lemon meringue tomorrow.  I can whip a pie up quicker than a cake mix.

I am sorry you got cheated out of enjoyment of eating something you were looking forward to.  Maybe you can take them back or complain and get your money refunded.  You could try.

I wish you were my neighbor. I'd make you a pie. I have a freezer full of cherries.  I have a sour cherry tree in my yard.

@Carmie Darlin, you're just too sweet.  DH said they were ok.  Having taught Foods and Adv Foods, they were just fruit spread on crust.  Those crunchy apple pies will NEVER come home with me again, not that my rear end needs dessert!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought that set of 3 pies only once and was not impressed at all. When I want a good cherry pie (without baking one), I rely on Mrs. Smith's frozen cherry pies....they are full of cherries and the crust is good. Actually, all of her frozen pies are good and they're a reasonable price.

Honored Contributor

i only buy pies from our smaller family owned local grocery stores, the fresh market, local farm stands in season, and schwans home delivery service.......all are excellent.

schwans are nice because you keep them in the freezer and bake them when ready so they can be served warm if you like. they also have good cream and specialty pies.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein