Esteemed Contributor

Non-food items on the Aldi's grocery list

I frequently shop Aldi's for a variety of foods, kitchen & home items, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses Aldi's liquid laundry detergent (Tandil?) or household paper goods (bathroom tissue, etc.). Willow & Angel Soft brands.
I can personally vouch for their 14lb clumping cat litter, and the 5.5oz tins of cat food.
If you 'Kitchen Ladies' feel this should be moved to Home forum let me know, I'll ask the mods. Thank you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Non-food items on the Aldi's grocery list

Their Willow TP is very similar to Angel Soft. Imo, their “best” TP is the brand Panda. I don’t know what to compare it to, because it’s better than Northern or Charmin. You can only get it as a special purchase. Their Ultra paper towels and napkins are similar to Bounty...again, usually a special purchase...love them. The usual napkins and paper towels they carry all the time are comparable to Mardi Gra and Sparkle.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you about the clumping kitty litter - it works fine for my kitties and is a great price. I've tried the bathroom tissue - one of them is just fine, but the other one is very thin. Of course I can't remember the brand names of either. But, if you look closely, you can tell which one is thicker. I'd be interested to hear comments about laundry detergent too and other non-food items at Aldi's.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:
I frequently shop Aldi's for a variety of foods, kitchen & home items, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses Aldi's liquid laundry detergent (Tandil?) or household paper goods (bathroom tissue, etc.). Willow & Angel Soft brands.
I can personally vouch for their 14lb clumping cat litter, and the 5.5oz tins of cat food.
If you 'Kitchen Ladies' feel this should be moved to Home forum let me know, I'll ask the mods. Thank you.

@x Hedge

I shop Aldi's frequently ( I'm a sale gal -gotta be a deal), and certain things I try I don't care for. I am not a fan of any of their paper products, but admittedly have never purchased the toilet paper, I'm picky about that. The coffee ☕️ don't like, don't like their dairy like yogurt and sour cream, cottage cheese, except milk and eggs. I buy their meats, and some condiments. The Priano ( in house brand) of spaghetti sauce was too salty for me. It's hit or miss and you're not out a ton of money if you don't like it and you can always return. I like their asiago and Parmesan cheese blocks to grate my own. I like their bread offerings too. DH likes their ice-cream too. You asked about laundry soap, I don't use anything but Tide (again picky about what works consistently for me). Their dishwasher soap I never bought again. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I wasn’t crazy about the laundry detergent. Purex is cheap and is my favorite even overmy beloved Tide. I get the Large 55 gallón and it lasts forever. 

I DID like the dishwasher detergent at Aldi. It works very well and cheap!

Esteemed Contributor

Very helpful post @Ainhisg! Thanks for those comparisons.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Jannabelle. Another Aldi non-food brand that's never failed me is Crofton. I bought their 7.5" & 9.5" flexible silicone lids, similar to Rachael Ray's but at a fraction of her price.

I bought a Crofton electric water kettle in 2012, which I took to work for our community kitchen. EVERYone was in awe at how quickly it heated water for hot cocoa, soup, tea, etc. I had to wait a whole year before it came back to Aldi's but when it did I bought another Crofton electric water kettle for myself at home, and another for a gift to a co-worker who was departing.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoveMyBaby, I'm trying to avoid food in this thread, but for you I have 4 words:
Try their chunky G U A C A M O L E !!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've used Purex in the past @Bonanzajellybean, but don't know how it compares to Aldi's Tandil. I asked check out girl at Aldi's and she said they sell quite a bit of it but she had not used it personally.
My 1st choice is Tide Mountain Spring. But I'm on an Aldi's budget.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

I can't feed it to my cat, not even the smaller cans.  It did not good things to her tummy and my bathroom throw rug.