Valued Contributor

Re: Non-food items on the Aldi's grocery list

I buy 

paper bowls

paper plates 

tall kitchen bags with frebreeze. (Nice)

block parmesan and cheddar cheese and guyere when available

love their chocolate bars but can’t buy no self control!!!

i always look in the non food special aisle. I missed out on the induction burner. They had some small baking pans that I use in my Breville smartoven

the little baking sheet rusted and I used that a lot. I did put it in the dishwasher though. If it can’t go in there I don’t buy,

Esteemed Contributor

@Elom, I recall looking at those little baking pans you mention. It wasn't very long ago. I considered buying them to use in my NuWave Oven. I didn't need them, but they looked to be just the right size. It's hard to find anything that size except the disposable ones made from aluminum foil.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like their paper products.

We get their Willow brand toilet paper. It is thinner. However, we have the "low water flush style" toilets where I live, and anything thicker is a problem.

I like their tissues and paper towels, and their trash bags. Their green ones are nice and heavy-duty.

I don't care much for their foil. I always seem to be wrestling with the dispenser for some reason! LOL! The roll usually ends up unrolling itself on the floor for me. Smiley Surprised Smiley Embarassed

We like their canned tuna and pink salmon. I use the pink salmon to make salmon patties, and I share it with our kitty when I take it out of the can.

We also buy the chunk light tuna for her, plus the skip jack canned tuna and the albacore tuna in the can.

For those who like to give their kitties "people tuna" on occasion, your kitty might also enjoy the albacore tuna. It's the canned white "tuna steak." Ours goes nuts for it. Smiley LOL Heart

Valued Contributor

I love Aldi.  I buy almost everything they have that is German made, having lived there over 13 years.  They are all wonderful.  Love the Priano brand, all of it.  Cheeses are all good.  Love their coffee k cups, medium roast.  The half and half goes bad too  fast.  Love their organic line of products.  I like their grass-fed beef, when they have it.  Don't know about detergents.

Respected Contributor

Aldi has only been in my area for about a year, and I've been having fun trying different products.  I've had good luck with their tall kitchen trash bags, and their select-a-size paper towels.  Their paper napkins are just okay, but are a little thin. 

For food products, I like their bacon, guacamole, string cheese, deli ham, and a few cereals.  The chocolate products they carry are delicious, but the brand name escapes me.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

I found a 24 cupcake pan, I used it to bake cupcakes for my Niece's birthday party and they baked up wonderful and the pan fit perfectly in my oven, I believe it was around nine dollars.

Super Contributor

I've been shopping at Aldi for years.  LOVE most of there items.  Food items are mostly good.  I've had nothing but good luck with the electronics, candles, chocolate.....for gifts and for me!  I got a pair of wool socks there last year for $4, and I absolutly love them!  I was always astounded at my friends who turned their noses up at it.  Of course, you can not compare it to a high end grocer, but for the money you save, it's totally worth trying.  I got a blender there that is just like the Vitamix for $60!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen

re: that red enameled cast iron braiser you bought at Aldi's  for a lower-than-brand-name price.........I bought the same one from Aldi's for under $30 about two weeks ago to see how it worked out compared with  my LeCreuset cookware.  Made meatballs for a 16-person holiday party a few days ago.  The food cooked well and  after washing, the  white interior finish  looks fine. 

The exterior red finish is NOT looking good.  Something about it did not withstand the simple cooking process without developing strange spots (which are not food spots that didn't wash out).

So much for getting a "bargain"?  Maybe we shouldn't care about the exterior finish  if the interior still looks perfect?  Not sure.  Time will tell.