Frequent Contributor

No Stacey Cooking Show AGAIN

What is going on?  It seems that her cooking show is on less & less.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: No Stacey Cooking Show AGAIN

Stacey mentioned on Sunday that she would be hosting a garden show today instead of her usual cooking show, and that's what's happening at the moment, so it seems like this switch was at least planned in advance.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering if (since it seems like some are on TV way more than they used to be) they had to get their contract re-negotiated?

It seems like David is on various shows more than he used to be.  I don't pay a lot of attention, it just seems that way.

Many of you know a lot more about all of this than I do.  Is it my imagination, or is he on more than he used to be?

I'd rather watch him than someone screaming at me and jumping up and down.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 - David now has four regular shows each week: ITKWD on Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday, plus Down Home with David on Thursday. That's a LOT of happy dances...  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I think QVC is cashing in on David's popularity by giving him more shows.  Q's sales are down, so maybe the David/kitchen-type shows are bringing in more sales than a lot of other programs.   They would sell even more if we saw new and interesting items instead of the same can openers, shears, TT, steaks, and too much time spent on the TSV or cleaning items.  Cleaning items are shown on plenty of other shows.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc  Thanks for your post.  One day last week I was watching his cooking show and the Vendor had cinnamon buns on there.

It was really (I mean really) obvious that David liked those buns!  He did his happy dance in two directions!  I've never seen him do it like that.  Then he ate (looked like it) the entire bun (which wasn't small at all).

If I ate all of the food he does during those shows I'd weight 600 lbs and I'd be on that reality show!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 - I have to say that after watching a dozen or so presentations of those Jimmy the Baker buns, I finally gave in and bought some. They're pricy but tasty!  Smiley Very Happy