Valued Contributor

Re: No David show on Wed looks like

@chickenbutt wrote:

They must sell a ton of costume jewelry to make it worthwhile to go 24 hours at a  time.  

long time no talk. I would think jewelry would be pretty much the last thing on people's minds right now but that is just me.  I am rarely on here anymore as the boards are as boring as the programming. Of course I am thinking of many years ago when stimulating conversation was allowed. Much more fun then. I did want to say hello though as you are one of my favorites. I am one of the high risk people so am staying at home doing a lot of reading and movie watching and cleaning. Take care and be safe.
Honored Contributor

@allaries wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

They must sell a ton of costume jewelry to make it worthwhile to go 24 hours at a  time.  

long time no talk. I would think jewelry would be pretty much the last thing on people's minds right now but that is just me.  I am rarely on here anymore as the boards are as boring as the programming. Of course I am thinking of many years ago when stimulating conversation was allowed. Much more fun then. I did want to say hello though as you are one of my favorites. I am one of the high risk people so am staying at home doing a lot of reading and movie watching and cleaning. Take care and be safe.

Oh my goodness!  Really long time no talk!  I am glad you are staying safe.  I'm home, too, but then I pretty much already was so that hasn't changed much for me at this point.  I have several strikes against me.  I am glad this finds you safe and well.

Right, it seems like there would be a lot less people shopping for jewelry, but what do I know, right?  Smiley Very Happy    I'm sitting here NOT owning a shopping network. hehe

You take care and keep on keepin' on!  Heart  Awesome seeing ya!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Count me in as another customer very disappointed we are not getting an ITKWD tonight in favor of jewelry.  There is a rumor on Facebook that us Down Homers are getting a Holiday Preview show tomorow?  That DOES NOT make up fot it.  I have to wonder if Mike George is behind the decision to pre empt the show ?

As far as incentives to work only David knows if he enjoys the job but I dont believe he is acting. I feel he is doing what he loves.

Valued Contributor

Very good point, Imaoldhippie. 

Of course a paycheck is the incentive for all jobs folks have. We all, or at least the vast majority of us, need to make a living. Hopefully one enjoys the job he or she has but that's not always the case. Why should QVC hosts be any different? Hosting is their JOB. Those that do it well, i.e. successfully sell the items they describe, continue; those who do not likely don't stay long. David has been at QVC a long time and he does his job well.