Super Contributor

No Bake Cookies in Gourmet Holiday Show

I had never seen these presented before on QVC. I've been making them for years and had no idea they were a lost art as they kept saying. I've never made the peanut butter ones, but make the chocolate ones all the time. One of my hubby's favorite cookies. The recipe for the chocolate ones has been shared here many times.

If you've never had one you might want to look up the recipe and make a batch. They ARE NOT hard to make at all. Just wanted to share in case anyone was watching the show and wondering about these. Again, I've never made the pnut butter ones so don't know how those are made.

Happy Cooking

Vicki

Honored Contributor

Re: No Bake Cookies in Gourmet Holiday Show

[ Edited ]

If it's anything like the ones I've made for decades - I LOVE these!

Mine have chocolate, peanut butter,  oats, sugar, butter, vanilla - I cannot remember if there is anything else - and I like to add raisins.

Funny thing is - I've been thinking about making a batch of these, lately.  I have a little bit of milk (oh yeah - milk!) that needs to get used and I don't like milk, so it's either cereal or making something like this.  Smiley Happy

ETA - I just looked.   Yup, seems like basically what we've been making forever.  I just never did different flavors.   I like the chocolate with peanut butter in there ones that I make. 

Respected Contributor

I found this recipe on Food Network for peanut butter chocolate no-bake cookies.

Peanut Butter-Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

Ingredients

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Large pinch kosher salt

Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment.

Bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.

Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

From Food Network Kitchen

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/peanut-butter-chocolate-no-bake-cookies-rec...
Super Contributor

Yes Chicken these are the same ones I have made. Very good!!

Super Contributor

No bake...I will give them a try !

As a kid my Mom made fudge !

Thanks

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Yuck!!!! I made those awful things every week for my dad back when I was a pup ---could do it in my sleep and I thought they were horrible!!!! We called them horse t(u)rds. Can't imagine spending all that money to buy them!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

The peanut butter ones are surprisingly easy to make.  The only thing you do different is NOT add the cocoa.  When I first tasted them I wanted the recipe because I'm not a chocolate fan (all my family likes the PB better than the chocolate version of these).  I couldn't believe they would have good a good flavor simply by omitting chocolate, but they're yummy!