Super Contributor
The TSV does have a 2.5 hp motor which is stronger than some of the motors on the Vitamix. You can read the reviews for this model on Amazon which are good.
Frequent Contributor
On 1/8/2014 karlam said: The TSV does have a 2.5 hp motor which is stronger than some of the motors on the Vitamix. You can read the reviews for this model on Amazon which are good.

See this video and the "contains lead" warning clearly on the Ninja box!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0PEviX0qg

There is one review on Amazon's site that warns of this issue. The video link above will point that out clearly.

Super Contributor

After all my research and the knowledge of all you ladies I put my vitamix on wait list! Thanks everyone

Respected Contributor
Good choice ! I have both and wish I would have not gotten a ninja thinking that would be enough machine for me.
Frequent Contributor

I like my Vitamix 2.25 HP 48 Oz. Very happy with its performance. I do have to admit that the TSV Ninja caught my attention. I am very cautious with food prep and cooking items that are made out of the country, because there are different manufacturing standards, especially with the materials that they can use. For that reason, I try to buy American made as much as possible. I did catch during one presentation of the Ninja TSV, he said that if you wanted hot soup, mix it up in the Ninja, and then heat it in the microwave. The Vitamix tamper is made so that they do not touch the blades---as long as you don't use the 64 ounce tamper with the 48 ounce container!

Esteemed Contributor

Sent back my Vitamix UTC 72 oz today, it's like having a lawnmower on the kitchen counter. I ordered the TSV Ninja. I have used smaller Ninja's over the the years and given the larger one's as gift. It is much easier to handle.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2014 cgando said:
On 1/8/2014 karlam said: The TSV does have a 2.5 hp motor which is stronger than some of the motors on the Vitamix. You can read the reviews for this model on Amazon which are good.

See this video and the "contains lead" warning clearly on the Ninja box!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0PEviX0qg

There is one review on Amazon's site that warns of this issue. The video link above will point that out clearly.

I called Ninja CS and they said since they warehouse in CA it is a necessary label that is posted if there would be any lead at all in the plug wire.

Not applicable
Ninja's are constantly coming up with new model. I've purchased 2 in the past. Tired of upgrading & being cheap. I finally purchased a vitamix, giving all of my ninja's away to family members
Respected Contributor
We have had a Vitamix for over 12 years. We love it and nothing has ever happened to it.
Super Contributor

Vitamix all the way! I am sure many of you noticed that they were trying to market just like the Vitamix presentations, but many fell short. I had to laugh because at one point Bob referred to the Ninja as a Vitamix accidently and corrected himself. If you have to compare yourself to the best and make arguments that yours is just as good for much less money and then your demos show that you may be somewhat similar, but not quite there on many of the applications, then forget it. For about $100-$150 more save your money and get the best...Vitamix!