Respected Contributor

Re: Ninja qvc2 big deal or instant pot

I have both.  Prefer the Ninja.  But it is not a pressure cooker.  I like the shape of the Ninja too better than the just round Instapot

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tucsongal   I am no expert on the Instant Pot.  I ordered one, but may send it back.  But anyway. my understanding is that the Instant Pot is a slow cooker and also a pressure cooker.  I believe the one QVC is offering has other presets too.  I think the pressure cooking is the big difference in this and the Ninja.  I have a Ninja and love it.  It's an older model and I'm thinking of getting the newer Accu Temp model ..

Esteemed Contributor

@Sherbear1 wrote:

hopi I am leaning toward the ninja. Is the big deal the one I should go for or the 4 in 1 accutemp system. It is 119 and comes in colors. 

Thanx, @Sherbear1 and @hopi.  I just ordered the auto one this afternoon (teal) and was gonna check if people liked it.

@Hope you enjoy your, @hopi!

Respected Contributor

Hands Down Get the InstaPot...I thought the Ninja was just too big and I am downsizing.  The InstaPot does everything and more compared to the Ninja...

Super Contributor

goldenlocks I got the teal too. I think we are gonna love it. Has great reviews.

Respected Contributor

I used my InstantPot to make quinoa for dinner tonight & it was so easy, I'll never make it the old way again.  Just one part quinoa (I used 1 Cup) well rinsed, 1 part water, stir togther in IP pot & set for 1 minute manual on the IP with natural pressure release.  It came out perfect.

Super Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@WildDunes wrote:

Ladies, I need your help. My head must have been buried in the sand for awhile. What is an Instant Pot?  What is the best brand if I'm interested in getting one? Thanks for your help.

—————————

@WildDunes Instant Pot is the brand/product. It’s been popular for a few years. I love mine.  My most regular use for it is as a rice cooker and to make hard-boiled eggs, which uses the pressure cook feature. Got rid of my rice and slow cookers when we got this and have never missed either.

Thanks for the info!