Esteemed Contributor

Ninja foodie that dehydrates

I'm right on the verge of a splurge....if you have the ninja foodie that dehydrates, what have you dehydrated in it? 

ty, just curious, trying to figure out what would be best for us.

Respected Contributor

MyRe: Ninja foodie that dehydrates

My boss dehydrated watermelon in it. It did a great job of it. I tasted it but twas a bit too strange for me lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ninja foodie that dehydrates

I have the machine but dehydrating would be the last thing would be interested in.  It is a great machine - but I don't bother with it - sitting in the basement.

Super Contributor

I'm looking for an air fryer that dehydrates too. I like the air fryer oven styles but I think the regular air fryer style would be easier to clean. I can still cook steaks and chicken in the air fryer. I suppose I don't need a rotisserrie. and all those pieces. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Foodie that dehydrates and I've done apples, banannas, carrots, scallions, and fresh ginger.  I never used a dehydrater before but when I had scallions and ginger that I got for a Chinese recipe leftover, that I didn't want to toss out, I  tried dehydrating. I went on line to see what I could dehydrate and for how long different things should be in  the dehydrater and now whenever I have leftover anything I check to see if I can dehydrate it. I put the dried apples in oatmeal and they soften up niceley. I put carrots in soup as it simmers.  I also can get 2 layers in my Foodie by putting some things on the bottom of the container and I put a steamer rack over that with more items.  The steamer has small holes so smaller items don't fall through as they dry and I can get more items dried in one session.  Saves me money and comes in handy if I don't feel like going out just to get one item or two for a recipe.  Hope this helps.  :smileyhappy:

Trusted Contributor

We have dehydrated thin chicken strips for our dog as he likes chicken jerky.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

I have a Foodie that dehydrates and I've done apples, banannas, carrots, scallions, and fresh ginger.  I never used a dehydrater before but when I had scallions and ginger that I got for a Chinese recipe leftover, that I didn't want to toss out, I  tried dehydrating. I went on line to see what I could dehydrate and for how long different things should be in  the dehydrater and now whenever I have leftover anything I check to see if I can dehydrate it. I put the dried apples in oatmeal and they soften up niceley. I put carrots in soup as it simmers.  I also can get 2 layers in my Foodie by putting some things on the bottom of the container and I put a steamer rack over that with more items.  The steamer has small holes so smaller items don't fall through as they dry and I can get more items dried in one session.  Saves me money and comes in handy if I don't feel like going out just to get one item or two for a recipe.  Hope this helps.  :smileyhappy:

Thank you, @Melzie. That does help Smiley Happy