Frequent Contributor

Ninja cooker or pressure cooker? Help me decide.

Trying to decide which to order. I'm always roasting in the oven and it seems like my oven is on for hours and hours. Love to cook all things, from soups to roasts. Which is the best buy?

My concern for both is browning. I don't just want to boil my meats.

Please help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ninja cooker or pressure cooker? Help me decide.

I don't have either, but I would get the Ninja--think it is more versatile. I wish they would make a smaller one for those of us that cook for 1 or 2.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I cook for one but love leftovers and freeze for later.

Trusted Contributor

I personally use my pressure cooker all of the time, and do not imagine myself being without it........BUT......on the other hand.......I can not imagine myself being without my slow cooker as well..........I have my own for home (both), and have my own for work........I could not make a choice.......BUT.......good luck with your decision........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

DH and I were talking about this last night. If I had no experience, ever with a pressure cooker, and someone gave me one- I would be a little hesitant to use it. I love mine, and use it all the time but I think there is a little learning curve to getting used to them.

I think they do different things. The Ninja seems more like a slow cooker or electric roaster. A pressure cooker does a good job with soups, tough cuts of meat, rice and grains, etc.

You can brown in many electric pressure cookers, before you start the pressure cooking.

Respected Contributor

I would love the Ninja cooker. I use my crock pot a lot. I do have a pressure cooker and rarely use it. I like to be able to prepare a meal in the morning and have it ready at the end of the day. I would rather not do the prep work later in the day or evening when I am tired. That's just my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

Good points. I cook on the weekends, mostly, so it's not really about time. I just feel it is a waste of energy to run my oven for so many hours....plus, I love new cooking electronics...gives me something new to experiment with!