Esteemed Contributor

Just got my Foodi late yesterday afternoon.  It  so had to carry it was left at my front door so had to lug it to the other end of the house (about 50').  Afterwhich I must admit, had to sit down and have a cup of tea!  Got it on the counter and read directions, cleaned it up and now am all set to cook something.

Now I'm looking for recipe suggestions.  Anyone got a recommendation for a simple recipe that a newbie foodi can complete?

Honored Contributor

Read directions

put water in pot, put you a beef roast, chicken or pork roast in pot with about cup and 1/2 of water. Close the main lid . Set temp to 350'

follow directions to whatever type of meat you choose. 

'Bake' however long the size of the meat is your cooking

End of baking, can raise lid while baking

check to see the roast is browned, probably will be tough, all meat generally is, if needs water put in another cup of hot water, put on pressure cooker lid, make sure, knob is set to 'seal' pressure cook probably 30 minutes. Line up the mark on lid to mark on pot.

Cannot raise lid during pressure cooking !

machine signals the end of each session no matter if it's bake, pressure cooking or air frying.

move knob to 'vent' with a fork or gloved hand. HOT ! let the red knob fall, twist off lid. See if meat is tender enough for you if still tough, line up the lid, put knob on 'seal' and punch in more minutes, set at 350'

If choosing chicken I bake mine for 45 minutes. Then butter it, air crisp it, can check how fast it's browning during air crisp. like 5-10 minutes gives it the golden color since you have buttered it first , salt and pepper it, too.

Chicken has baked for 45 minutes , so, all you need is the golden brown color I don't want no pale chicken looks raw mine has to be browned off

LOL

Machine will alert you to add water in the bake or pressure cooking settings. Use the Foodi just like you do a regular oven. only difference is your doing it all in one pan this time.

when machine is thru it will go to 'Keep warm' and start counting how many minutes it's been in there. If don't want to keep warm, turn it off, 

raise the lid if you have been using air crisp, and there you go. if not browned enough just close the lid and punch in how much longer you want it to air crisp.

should be recipes in the box. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE     -        THANKS!

Honored Contributor

you can keep that black thing in the pot doesn't hurt nothing or take it out if you don't want to wash it

Honored Contributor

Goggle 'ninja foodi recipes'   you'll see millions of things !

you tube videos, etc.

Honored Contributor

Oh, @eddyandme  that's not the big NInja Foodie that goes for around 200

(today it was 119 on amazon special buy, though)

That's what I was giving directions for , you were probably talking about the

99.00 TSV that I saw on TV few minutes. Don't know anything about that one.

I got the one that has oven, pressure cooker, air fryer/crisper, brown, saute, dehydate all that jazz.

They have so many on the market I can't keep up with them all.  All I need is the one that does all the above.

Watch the video @eddyandme  of David's tonight show.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE, I got the same one as you ($119tsv), but I didn't get red, got gray!

Thanx, fell asleep watching ITKWD but will look up the video.  Think, I'm gonna make a chicken for me and Eddy my furbaby.  Just replaced my vac sealer so I can freeze the leftovers.  Gonna do it like you do just using butter and S&P!

Thanx again!Woman Happy