Trusted Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I would like to know what the smallest serving it makes? Does it make 1-2 cups that is just as good as a larger pot?

also does it have a keep warm feature that shuts off after awhile?

The one with the glass carafe (which is what I have) does have a keep warm feature that shuts off automatically after 2 hours.  The one with the stainless steel carafe does not have that feature.

You can make 1-2 cups at a time which is just as good as a larger pot.  My husband and I like strong coffee so I use the travel cup size with the rich brew setting as we only drink one cup each in the morning.  I don't even use the carafe that came with it but rather a glass Pyrex cup (2 cup size) set on the little stand which folds down when in use.  I use 2 of the large size scoops (it comes with a scoop that has a small, 1 T. size on one end and a large, 2 T. size on the other end) with French roast coffee.  After adding the cream and almond milk we use, it gives us our 2 cups.

Also, I do not use the permanent filter that comes with it, but rather a #4 size cone paper filter.  This makes clean up easier as I just throw away that filter with the coffee grounds and then rinse out the container that you put the filter in (which is not dishwasher safe). 

Sometimes I make bullet-proof coffee with it and use the blender travel mug to brew directly into using the same travel cup size and rich brew settings.  The coffee drips into this where I have already put my sweetener, butter, and coconut oil.  When it finishes I put the lid on and whir in my blender.  Delicious!

Valued Contributor

@mistylady wrote:

I had it but took it back.  I suggest if you buy it make sure you can TAKE it back instead of shipping it back.  The coffee it made was not HOT enough for me.  Two of my friends bought it and we tried it, it still was not hot enough. They took their's back too.  I thought maybe I got a lemon but if I did so did my two friends.  I thought the coffee was too strong and bitter.  I do like my coffee strong.  Another thing I did not like was that the opening of the pot was narrow, making it impossible to clean the inside bottom of the pot.  I had a Keurig and it made hot coffee but I was tired of buying the Kcups.  I bought a Cuisinart Classic coffee pot and the coffee is rich in flavor and very HOT.  Which is important to me since I put milk in my coffee.  Ninja wants you to heat your cup or your milk if you need to put milk your coffee.  Keurig or Cuisinart never stated to heat the cup or the milk so that tells you, Ninja knows that they do not make the coffee hot enough to handle adding milk to it.  I think the coffee in the Ninja was bitter because it does not get the water hot enough, I do not have the problem with my Cuisinart.

Thank you for responding with your experiences, mistylady.  Like you, I put milk in my coffee so having the coffee very HOT is important to me.  You stated that you are happy with the Cuisinart Classic pot.  Would you be kind enough to give me more information about this pot.  I live alone and want to make about 3-4 cups in the morning.  One cup will go to work with me.  Could you tell me precisely what model I should look for, how many cups it makes, and the approximate price?  I'm willing to pay whatever I have to in order to get a good HOT cup of coffee.  Thank you so much.

docsgirl

Contributor

Hi docsgirl,  the coffee pot I bought is the Cuisinart 12 cup Programmable Coffee Maker.  You can look it up on Kohl's website and see all the great reviews.  I bought it from there when it was on sale and I had coupons.  Right now it's on sale for $79 plus they have a coupon offer on their website.  I can make 1 to 12 cups of HOT, rich tasting coffee.  I make 4 cups in the morning before work and then 1 cup when I get home from work.  I had this coffee maker before I had my Keurig.  I was happy with it then and I'm happy with it now.  If all you need is a good basic coffee pot then I think you would be happy with it.

I see no one with the Ninja responded to my question about putting the milk in their coffee.  Maybe you missed my question.  Does any of the Ninja owners put milk or anything cold in their coffee?  Is it still hot after you put the milk in??  Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, misty,

That is the model I've been looking at.  You can make 1-4 cups if you don't want a full pot.  It's programmable.  It has all the features I need.  Bed Bath and Beyond has it for $69.99 (less than $70 Woman LOL) and I can use a 20% coupon.  As you and I both stated, we put milk in our coffee so it's important that the coffee is very hot when brewed.  I'll be off to BBB with coupon in hand.  Can't wait to get it.  Thank you so very, very much.

As far as the Ninja goes, I don't drink any of the fancy coffees and can't justfy spending so much money when all I want is a good HOT cup of coffee so the Cuisinart will be ideal for my needs. Thank you again.  A very happy and healthy 2016 to you and yours.    docsgirl

Contributor

You are very welcome docsgirl.  I think you will be happy with it.  If you have any questions once you have it, just let me know.  And a very happy, healthy New Year to you and your's also!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mistylady wrote:

Hi docsgirl,  the coffee pot I bought is the Cuisinart 12 cup Programmable Coffee Maker.  You can look it up on Kohl's website and see all the great reviews.  I bought it from there when it was on sale and I had coupons.  Right now it's on sale for $79 plus they have a coupon offer on their website.  I can make 1 to 12 cups of HOT, rich tasting coffee.  I make 4 cups in the morning before work and then 1 cup when I get home from work.  I had this coffee maker before I had my Keurig.  I was happy with it then and I'm happy with it now.  If all you need is a good basic coffee pot then I think you would be happy with it.

I see no one with the Ninja responded to my question about putting the milk in their coffee.  Maybe you missed my question.  Does any of the Ninja owners put milk or anything cold in their coffee?  Is it still hot after you put the milk in??  Thank you.

Mistylady, I have the Ninja and put cream and almond milk in my coffee, whether drinking it hot or cold.  If I am drinking hot coffee I do heat the cream mixture as I use quite a bit and like my coffee to be very hot.  

I think the Cuisinart you are using would be very good for docsgirl as she just wants a regular cup of coffee.  The reason I like the Ninja so much is because I can make a richer brew or more concentrated brew for iced coffee.  It's great there are so many options out there now for all of our wants. 

Contributor

Soonersis thank you for your response.  If the Ninja's temperature of coffee was hotter to take on putting the milk in my coffee without heating... I would have kept it.  I don't want an extra step to have my coffee or another cup to wash because of heating the milk.  I'm glad you are happy with your Ninja!

I did find a recipe for brewed Ice Coffee on Folger's website.  There are other recipes for making lattes and other drinks.  So I think I will try that.  Here is the recipe for the Iced Coffee from Folger's website:

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
  • 3 cups cold water, divided
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half, chilled
  • Ice cubes
  • Whipped cream

Directions

1. BREW coffee in coffeemaker using 1 1/2 cups cold water.
  2. COMBINE hot brewed coffee and sugar in glass bowl or pitcher. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Blend in 1 1/2 cups cold water and half-and-half. Chill until ready to serve.
  3. POUR over ice in tall glasses or cafe mugs. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.

If you want hot coffee, buy the Faberware stovetop percolator. Use a wrap around filter or a cupcake filter with a hole in it. You can use your own coffee. When the coffee perks for 7 minutes....you have perfect hot coffee. The fast coffees are not hot and not tasty. I have given up on the coffee bars and quick machines. I believe I bought my stovetop top on the Q. 

Valued Contributor

Happy New Year, Misty,

I ordered the Cuisinart from BBB and it's due to arrive this week.  I was able to use my 20% on-line coupon and got free shipping.  I can't wait to get it.  My best friend, who lives in Colorado, has the same coffee maker and she said it makes hot coffee.  Her husband likes it very, very hot and he is very satisfied with it.  Thanks so much for recommending it.  I'll let you know how I like it once I start using it.  docsgirl

Super Contributor

I bought the Ninja Coffee Bar for my daughter and sil for Christmas.  I personally don't like it. 1 cup, coffee is cold and you need to put it on rich brew.  My daughter said what annoys her is the lever for drip and non drip.  I might be bringing it back.  We'll see.