Hello! 

I am seeking some help with my Ninja Coffee Bar. Yesterday I opened the box of my Ninja Coffee Bar with extremely high hopes and excitement. Before I even brewed my first cup, I cleaned the machine. I started by running the cleaning option. Once this was done i then ran a full carafe of water through the machine. I ran a mixture of White Vinegar and water next. Following this I then washed the water/vinegar mix out 3 times. FINALLY, it is time. I brewed my first cup of coffee. I first noticed it did not smell like coffee like any other coffee pot does. Instead it had this newness/plastic smell to it. After it finished, I tasted the coffee which also tasted like a new/plastic smell, terrible. The coffee smelled awful. I brewed another cup, trying a different flavor/brand of coffee. Still nothing. Next I used a third brand/flavor of coffee and brewed a full carafe. Still, no difference.

Is there something wrong with my Ninja Coffee Bar? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thank you! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Ninja Coffee Bar Help!

[ Edited ]

We don't have that problem with ours.  I would make multiple cups of water like I did when I cleaned my Mr. Coffee.  We bought our Ninja at Sears.  If that doesn't work, then send it back.  You can also call them. I heard they are very nice.

Trusted Contributor

@tbarton126

Is it the carafe? I have the Ninja but it's the one for single cups. I only ran one full tank of water through it before my first use. I washed the filter & water tank in hot soapy water. My coffee is fantastic! No plastic smell or anything. 

Trusted Contributor

I had the original Ninja Coffee Bar then bought the newer model in October for an upgrade.  Both times I followed the directions for setting up and cleaning and never experienced what you did.  Think I would exchange it for a new one.  Hopefully you bought it locally and that would be easy to do rather than have to mail it back..