Respected Contributor

Nightowlz and any other smoker fans

We have a great group on Facebook- our page is called "My Masterbuilt Electric Smoker"

Tons of tips, camaraderie, recipes and discounts for us die hards....

Please join us!

Respected Contributor

Re: Nightowlz and any other smoker fans

But are they authentic? Smiley Wink

Sounds fun, but I'm not a facebooker.

Bump!

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

LOL! had to know WHAT is authentic here sometimes.....unfortunately, since its a closed group, you DO have to belong to Facebook to see it...

Trusted Contributor

On 3/20/2015 debc said:

But are they authentic? Smiley Wink

Ok, you made me snort my coffee.

I don't have an electric smoker....we use our grill. But I'm always open to new ways (authentic or not!)

On my way!

Respected Contributor

One can never have too many smoking tips. I'm in love with cherry wood at the moment.

~~
Respected Contributor

I did duck with mixture of cherry and pecan...crisped the skin on the grill- yumm!

One of my favorites is to smoke shrimp- so easy and only takes about 20 minutes.. great to have as a snack while waiting out the "stall" on your butts!

I use Tony Cacheres or/andOld Bay, smoke 20 minute at about 225 just till barely done- so succulent! They never let at my house!

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Mothertrucker said:

I did duck with mixture of cherry and pecan...crisped the skin on the grill- yumm!

One of my favorites is to smoke shrimp- so easy and only takes about 20 minutes.. great to have as a snack while waiting out the "stall" on your butts!

I use Tony Cacheres or/andOld Bay, smoke 20 minute at about 225 just till barely done- so succulent! They never let at my house!

I've never seen pecan around here. My brother swears by alder. I have a big green egg so I have to go with big chunks rather than chips, so I'm more limited. I love shrimp and that sounds really good. Mesquite's a little overpowering for me. I have lot's of apple as I cut down 3 trees at my parents for it. I mix it as I have to pay for the cherry.

One thing that I read on the internet when I started using the egg was that smoking in it for more than 2-3 hours is just a waste of good wood. (bonjour) The lump charcoal you use is actually wood, my husband calls it burned driftwood. LOL That's what it looks like too. I follow that and only smoke for a couple hours and tinfoil anything that cooks longer than that.

~~
Valued Contributor

Just saw your thread!! I have had a Masterbuilt smoker for several years now & love using it!! Mostly smoke Boston Butts & turkeys! Thanks for the info about FB!!

Respected Contributor

I too am concerned its not authentic...hahaha!
Respected Contributor

Yes, you are right, most meat has taken up as much smoke as it can in the first couple of hours- The folks on our board are a great resource..I like alder,too,it is mild and greaton fish especially- many times we think of "hickory" and mesquite" when we think smoked, but it can be much more diverse (and subtle)

Our group does smoked deviled eggs, veggies and all kinds of side dishes, breakfasts, even dessert! They are so creative! I know a lot of our members must be from the Q, because a lot of "temptations " platters are used to display their final results...LOL!

Just the pictures will get your mouths watering- wait tally see the "fatties", "pig candy" and pig shots!