Honored Contributor

Nice Little Holiday Gift At Trader Joe’s

My daughter just surprised me with a new product, a set of six little jars of honey, different flavors, cork tops.

Very cute jars which I will be saving, nice display, a good gift imo for only $10.00.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nice Little Holiday Gift At Trader Joe’s

@Noel7 Sounds yummy and nice.  I'm going to a luncheon in a private home next week.  While I know the hostess, I don't know her well. I don't want to bring booze to lunch for a hostess gift, and I will assume that more than a couple of people will bring flowers.  This set of honey may be just what I need for the occasion.  

Honored Contributor

Good idea!

That's a gift that would make me smile.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Noel7that is a great gift.I got those last year and enjoy.I also like that they can be microwaved to soften up if they need it.

i hope you are feeling better...you still haven't asked me for my manuka honey recipe for healing.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Noel7that is a great gift.I got those last year and enjoy.I also like that they can be microwaved to soften up if they need it.

i hope you are feeling better...you still haven't asked me for my manuka honey recipe for healing.

@dex

Oh, your post just tickles me!  I bought Manuka honey at Trader Joes some time ago.  We all tasted it and DH and DD didn’t like it at all.  I was fine with it and told them all about the healing properties.  So actually, I would like your recipe Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Those little honey jars sound adorable...I would love that!

I keep wishing that we will get a Trader Joe's where I live...when my husband and I visit our son in Cincinnati, we always look forward to visiting Trader Joes! 

Honored Contributor

they do have cute little things at this time of the year,  

Honored Contributor

one of the blogs I read featured some cute little olive? wood bowls that would be a nice gift as well.

I have not been to TJs to take a look for them 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 the healing recipe...in a mug warm water,one tbsp.manuka honey,one tbsp. Fresh lemon juice,one tsp. Fresh grated ginger and a couple of turns from a pepper mill.Dont use hot water or it can kill the healing enzymes.I use this recipe whenever we get sick and we heal quickly.My friend was really sick and decided to try it and she got better too.I imagine though if you are diabetic that too much honey wouldn't be a good idea.I keep ginger in the freezer and grate fine while still frozen.

i hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear They had those bowls at my tjs and they were cute.I don't buy anything that doesn't go in dishwasher these days  but they sold out quickly so some are still into hand washing.