Super Contributor

New to Smoothies - Ninja or NutriBullet?

I've purchased smoothies from various restaurants (the Mango at Dunkin' Donuts is my all-time fave!!). Recently a patient came in and brought me one of her hubby's 'famous' smoothies b/c he loves to make them. It was frozen solid and as it was the end of the day, I just took it home and put it in the fridge.

I took it to work the next day and was so impressed with it - it actually filled me up and it tasted incredibly good. When I got to talking to him, he only added frozen pineapple, mango, a couple of frozen peach slices and a splash of OJ. I got to thinking about all of the other ingredients you could add to make it even better for you and/or taste better. I thought about adding some fat-free Greek yogurt for some protein, a little ice to make it slushier and possibly a bit of green veggies hiding inside (can't eat the actual leafs of lettuce as it goes straight thru me - sorry if you got a visual from that...{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Anyway, he said he has a 1500w Ninja. They look so big. Do I really need THAT much power? What do you all suggest?? I'd like to stay in the low $100 range as the top end. TIA ~Diane

Super Contributor

Re: New to Smoothies - Ninja or NutriBullet?

vita mix

Super Contributor

My husband and I have the original 600 watt Nutribullit. We've had it just over 2 years now. It works great.
Trusted Contributor

Hey, if you liked what the guy gave you-follow his recommendation. If you want the same results as Dunkin Donuts-get the machine that they use.

Trusted Contributor

I have a cheapo Back to Basics frozen drink maker I bought from the Q years ago,that thing makes great smoothies. Coarse I am not blending whole fruits and veggies..seeds,cores peels and all. Just juice, bananas and frozen unsweetened mixed fruit chunks. Depends on what you want your machine to do for you.
Contributor

my grandson introduced me to smoothies. I have a Ninja 900 watt & love it. Since I am allergic to milk products I use my Almond milk, egg protein powder & add frozen fruit pcs which gives it the slushy texture. I really like my Ninja.

Trusted Contributor

I've had both and actually tested them against my vitamix...vitamix won hands down...my nutribullet did work for awhile, but started to lose power after a few months..the vitamix just blend everything so much better -I have smoothies every morning. I also had issues with my stomach so I had to replace spinach and kale with broccoli or squash or asparagus and now my stomach is fine...I usually do: broccoli,asparagus or yellow squash, blueberries, pineapple, Greek vanilla yogurt, and orange juice. What ever you decide to get you and hubby will enjoy!
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

I just gave my $32 Ninja (purchased from QVC) to a friend who had a bullet - I just bought a Vitamix - and she told me the Ninja chews everything up where her bullet didn't.

So - that's well under $100.

Contributor

There was a recommendation for an inexpensive smoothie blender at Wal Marts a while back. That is all I would need. Does anyone remember the brand name? Also, they were demonstrating a Vitamix at Costco last night.It did look powerful.

Super Contributor

NO Bullitt.

Get Ninja or VITAMIX