Super Contributor

New suggestion on cleaning a white top ceramic stove top.

I have a white ceramic stove top and it is very hard to keep clean after cooking. I have to scrub it all the time. Wish I would have got the black top one. If you have a white top what do you do to keep it clean? I have purchased more electric cooking appliances just to keep the stove clean.
Honored Contributor

Re: New suggestion on cleaning a white top ceramic stove top.

I use the cleaning product Cerama Bryte to keep my ceramic top stove looking nice. When I cook, my husband cleans the kitchen, and sometimes he barely gives the stove top a lick and a promise, so I often find burned grease around the heating elements, which always come right off with the Cerama Bryte and a plastic scrubber. I buy this product @ Lowe's.

Super Contributor

I, too use Cerama Bryte. It is the best of all the products out there.
Super Contributor

Oh little daisy....I just got a lovely ceramic black top stove, and trust me, you don't want one of those either! I just breath on that sucker and it leaves smudges. I love the stove, but I have to say I hate the black top. I spend so much time trying to keep it clean. I also use the Cerama Bryte to clean it.

Super Contributor

Thank you all so very much I going to get it today, I think I love you all
Honored Contributor

I have had both the black and white. I now have the white and prefer that but it does get really dirty. I also use the Cerama Bryte but also I am very careful about cleaning the outside of the pans I cook with. We seem to concentrate on the inside and then the outside may have a little grease still left on it and it burns on the top.

Honored Contributor

Cerama Bryte for me too, and the little yellow Cerama Bryte sponges, Walmart has them.

Trusted Contributor

I have had both, and trust you me, the black is harder to keep clean than the white.....{#emotions_dlg.crying} i currently have the black.......It attracts more particles and dust than money or a man.........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I use Earth Brite, and am a fan of the sponges that come with it, and then polish with a microfiber cloth.............Good luck..........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

I have the black top in my winter home and the white top in my summer home .. the white top is so much easier to clean than the black

Frequent Contributor

The black one is also very difficult to clean. I accidentally found something that works very well. After cleaning it with the ceramic cleaner like aerate Brite, spray on some Oreck window and glass cleaner and wipe down with a paper towel. It gets rid of any smudges and streaks and makes it look nice and clean and shiny.