Honored Contributor

New plate I bought on vacation

I love roses and this is Fiesta Ware china, but, it's so heavy I thought it was stoneware, but, the clerk said "ma'am that is china not stoneware'. Excuse me fancy girl. LOL Says Homer Laughlin on the back and gives a #

DSCN0840.JPG

Valued Contributor

Re: New plate I bought on vacation

Beautiful!  I love Fiesta Ware -- I've never seen that pattern.  I love it!

Honored Contributor

Isn't that beautiful ?

I got at Macy's or Dillards at the Mall in Evansville, In On sale for 20 a plate

bought one plate and told husband don't you eat on this plate it's mine !

jack04181934.gif

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful plate, love the flower design!

Honored Contributor

On this plate the background is taupe like, you know tan

I was doing research and I found one that is all white background

I'm not into dishes, but, I'm sure there is a collector or somebody who has the hobby who can give us information on Homer Laughlin. also, on the back it says 'lead free' , so, once upon a time they must have had an issue with containing lead.

Dishes are not my interest. Just bought this one because it was so pretty LOL  Whole set would be a fortune I'm sure.   This store was having open stock on Fiesta .

Honored Contributor

DSCN0841.JPG

in this pic with hubbo holding it . It looks white, camera and lighting I guess I like the browner color in the other photo, but, they do make it in pearl white background.

Hello-susy.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE - Congratulations on your new treasure! In case you want to get more pieces with the white background you mentioned, here's a link to the Fiesta Floral Bouquet options on fiestafactorydirect.com (which is having a 20% off sale with free shipping through this Sunday): https://fiestafactorydirect.com/collections/floral-bouquet

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  I really do not know much about Fiesta, but that is gorgeous!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SharkE - Congratulations on your new treasure! In case you want to get more pieces with the white background you mentioned, here's a link to the Fiesta Floral Bouquet options on fiestafactorydirect.com (which is having a 20% off sale with free shipping through this Sunday): https://fiestafactorydirect.com/collections/floral-bouquet

In their picture the plate has more of a blue stem, mine is a darker green.

I paid 20 for mine and they have it for 16. Dillards called it a sale when I paid 20 LOL   Course, no shp and handling.

I guess my plate is white, my eyes are shot and I thought it was more beige e guess it's white after all.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I like mine better LOL more green and more of a rose look.