Honored Contributor

New lid by Mealthy Multi Pot

I got an email from someone I follow on Pinterest, about this item.  Mealthy has a lid that will turn your pressure cooker into one that crisps and browns too. It will fit the 6/8 qt Instant Pot as well as a few other brands. Costs $49 with $10 shipping. Looks interesting! I was considering the Mealty p/c but got a screaming deal on my Instant Pot. Go to the website for more info.

Honored Contributor

Re: New lid by Mealthy Multi Pot

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to find out more info about it. I found the below on their site but no info on using it.

Suppose to be available June 24th. There are a few sites online you can click thru to pre-order early.

It's $49.95. If you click thru one of these sites to pre-order you can find more info about it.

I downloaded the owners manual so I can check it out.

Mealthy Crisp Lid.PNG

Technical Specifications

Measurements
  • Weight:3.25 pounds
  • Dimensions:10" x 10" x 5"
  • Volume:6 or 8 quart
Power
  • Rated Power:1000 watts

Mealthy Crisp.PNG

I like how you can see thru the lid while your using it so you can see when it's ready easier.

Mealthy.PNG

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF BEFORE BUYING

You can only use the CrispLid with a 6-quart or 8-quart electric pressure cookers. In addition, it can only be used with a stainless steel pot. It does not fit other sizes and could damage ceramic, aluminum, or nonstick coatings.

The air fryer basket is small and doesn’t hold as much as I had hoped. You will need to rotate your food or do a few smaller batches to crisp food throughout. 

The power cord on the Crisp Lid is really short. This is intentional to prevent tripping hazards. The User Guide directs you not to use extension cords with your Crisp Lid.

A safety feature built into the crisp lid is that it will only cook at or above 450F for 20 minutes. After that, you will have to wait at least 10 minutes before you can use it above 450F again. (For temperatures under 450F, the maximum cook time is 60 minutes.)

If you want to flip your food or rotate the food, raise the handle to pause the cooking process. However, if you’re not extremely quick at shifting the food, the cook time will restart when you lock the handle back in place. So you’ll want to keep an eye on the time before you adjust it.

New Contributor

Thank you, wagirl.  I just ordered it. Smiley Happy

Occasional Visitor

Thanks for sharing....Gonna check this out.

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting. I am going to order one today. I have both 6 and 8 qt pressure cookers that I use all the time and do not want another one, not to meniton where to store.

Super Contributor

Do you have to pay tax when. You order from Mealthy?

Respected Contributor

If this lid would brown like a broiling function, I would order it for my Instant Pot.  It would be the perfect answer to the Ninja Foodie. 

I'm hoping you ladies who order this will report back how you use it and like it and if it does more than air fry.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

If this lid would brown like a broiling function, I would order it for my Instant Pot.  It would be the perfect answer to the Ninja Foodie. 

I'm hoping you ladies who order this will report back how you use it and like it and if it does more than air fry.

If you participate in Facebook, you can go to the Mealthy FB page at the below link, join,  and see this lid in action in many, many posts.  You can also ask any question you desire, and not only will other members of the page respond, but the CEO himself is VERY active on the page, too!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/278823729299475/

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg   Thank you for the link, that site is helpful.  The customer's video of a steak sizzling was impressive.