Frequent Contributor

Re: New crisp lid users? Would love some reviews please

@wagirl  Thanks so much for the good info. The crisping lid is a nice concept, but not without desired and consistent results. 

Haven't taken the air fryer plunge yet. I have a convection oven, which is fine, but thinking a new "all in one" countertop oven version, like Emeril's, Cuisinart or NuWave, would be more versatile and a better investment of space and money. Seems to be the way air fryers are going. A lot of originals are clearancing right now, and I'm sure new versions will be coming out for the holiday season. 

Again, thanks!

Super Contributor

Cozyseeker, 

"I am so tempted to get one. I have put one in my cart twice and I just can't decide. The Youtube videos I have seen all seem to show the browning uneven and almost burned in spots."

Not the results I've had. I love my Mealthy CrispLid. Check Urvashi Pitre's YouTube review. She noted on her website that any recipe in her air fryer cookbook can be made using the CrispLid though you might need to flip the food halfway through the cooking time. It doesn't air fry HUGE amounts of food at once, but even an air fryer might not work well if overly full of food.

"Also, somewhat browned but not looking great to me. I know this is a new "item" but I would love to hear from those who have tried it and hear what your honest reviews are."f

Love mine. It takes little storage space. I have no room for a large air fryer so the CrispLid is perfect for me.

"It also looks like the stainless basket is quite small and using it in my 8 qt might not work." The CrispLid (and its basket) will fit any 6 or 8 qt electric pressure cooker with a stainless steel pot. If you have a nonstick pot it is not compatible. 

"Would like to be able to do a whole chicken and brown in the IP without using the stainless basket." Don't think it would work well without the stainless steel basket as you want the hot air to circulate around the food. If it wasn't in the basket that couldn't happen. I believe you can brown a whole chicken in the IP with the CrispLid depending upon the size of the chicken.

Super Contributor

Free to be, check out the recipes on the Mealthy website and others online to decide whether or not the CrispLid would be a good purchase for you. Also go to Amazon and using the "Look Inside" feature for Urvashi Pitre's air fryer cookbook, check the recipes in her book and see what you think.

Super Contributor

becca lou, 

"Where can I find the crisp lid ? And what size air-fryer does it fit ?"

You can find the Mealthy CrispLid on Amazon and at the Mealthy company website. It DOES NOT fit an air fryer; it brings air fryer functionality to any 6 or 8 qt electric pressure with a stainless steel pot. It will not work if the pressure cooker has a non-stick pot.