Respected Contributor

Re: New color for fiestaware just announced

@loriqvc wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@loriqvcFYI---don't think the new color will be available until June---according to the post from the Atlanta show where it was unveiled.

@wagirl - Yes, you're correct; the site features this note regarding the meadow color: "Presale starts May 15th. Orders will ship early June."

Thanks for these details! My birthday is in May - perfect timing!

For me, it's not a matter of if I'll buy this color, but when and which pieces lol. This is the color I've been waiting for. I love green. I think I could even use these on the Christmas table. 

Regular Contributor

I always like to see the color in person so it will be a wait til summer. Meadow looks fresh and I like the picture with it blended with turquoise and white. 

Honored Contributor

@JannyRee-- I have a piece of the seafoam color so will be interested to see what the difference is. I like the seafoam but is has long been decontinued and pricey if you can find it.

Regular Contributor

I think perhaps it was claret and cinnabar that were very close. wagirl, let us know how it compares. It would be nice if it really complements the seafoam. 

We're contemplating a move to a retirement apartment and I have to seriously downsizes my dishware. I've decided to keep Fiestaware but maybe not all pieces. I love changing out which plates I use by season. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can we revisit the topic of Meadow, the  new Fiestaware color?

I went to Macy's to check it out in person. I have some Macy's reward dollars to use up and thought I would treat myself to some Meadow dinner plates.

I was disappointed with the dishes when I saw them in real life. The green is a shade or two darker than it appears in the ads. It almost looks like Christmas tree green to me. It's not as dark as Shamrock, for sure, but it's not what I was expecting. 

I wish they had made it the color of the dishes in the original ads - a softer green. 

Here's a photo that looks more like the real thing.

Fiesta 10.5" Round Dinner Plate | Meadow - 0466344Fiesta 10.5" Round Dinner Plate | Meadow - 0466344

I'm not sure about this color. 

Maybe I will stick with my beloved Flamingo!

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

I love my collection of Fiesta Ware.  This is not mine.  Just wanted to post a pic.

fiesta 2.jpg

@roxxy1  I wish I wouldn't have clicked on this thread, now I will not rest until I have a collection like yours. I have the white and love it , but this jumble of colors is terrific, I love it. Our Boscov's has great sales on Fiesta Ware and has all kinds of odds and ends on sale, looks like I'm going shopping.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt 

You might just get your color wish.........

<<The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 will be Bleached Coral>>. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered a place setting and it is definitely darker than the first picture!  It’s fine.....I kept it....but I wish it had been true to the softer shade in that first picture.

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream---I like meadow ok--its a shade or 2 darker than the old seafoam, a little more yellow in it but the 2 colors look good together. I bought a place setting and a couple other things in it too. Green is my fave color. 

Honored Contributor

@JannyRee---yes meadow looks great with the seafoam green. am looking at the colors together right now and it is good!

Yes, opening my cabinets and seeing all the bright happy colors makes my day--would love to display them in the open.