Honored Contributor

New York steak in airfryer----

WOW----I cooked this for DD and me on Valentines day for dinner---AMAZING!!!! Was one of the best tasting steaks ever. I seasoned it with a dry seasoning then put it in my vacuum sealer container all day---We had baked spuds, green salad and fruit. I cooked it to medium rare--and covered it  until the rest of my dinner was almost done so it was the medium doness we both prefer. Slice it up and only ate one steak between us--we will make a frittata for tonights dinner,  with the rest. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: New York steak in airfryer----

[ Edited ]

Sounds great! I never think to use my vacuum sealer to set the seasonings, that's a great idea. I usually use our Ninja grill to make steaks, but will give this a try. Have you done anything similar with pork chops? They are on the menu tonight. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

never cook meat in my airfyer its always on the stove top

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I've cooked NY steaks (and other types) in my air fryer before and loved it!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I cook most of my meats in the air fryer. My steaks always come out tender and juicy. 

Respected Contributor

@We rescue cats I cook pork chops in the air fryer. They come out delicious. So much so my son asked me to make them like that for now on (I used to grill them on my George Foreman grill). Ironically, we are having air fried pork chops tonight for dinner.

Honored Contributor

My trucker daughter cooks salmon, chops and steak in her air fryer in her semi. Along with a Keurig and microwave, she prepares 95% of what she consumes during a 7-9 day trip, inside her truck.   

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats ---we aren't  fans of pork chops altho I do cook pork tenderloin in it--fabulous!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've posted this before, but I love cooking steaks and chops in my air fryer! There's no smoke-filled kitchen, the meat gets flipped just once with no other "babysitting" during the process, the results are juicy and delicious (the most important part, of course), and cleaning the basket is essentially the same as cleaning a skillet. I actually haven't cooked a steak using any other method since the first time I cooked one in an air fryer.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc --same here and the airfryer is the best for cooking meatballs---moist inside with that crusty outside!!!! YUMMY!!!! also cooked a  turkey breast in it--- that was the best one I ever cooked and ate!!! It was a good sized one too---haven't done  whole chicken yet----but that is in my future!!!