Honored Contributor

Re: New Trader Joe's Dessert...

@tansy wrote:

When I saw the title of the thread, I guessed it was by you, terrier.

That sounds good.  How many people does it serve?

It's rather small - $3.99.

I think 3 or four people max - with a big scoop of ice cream on the side.

I think I'll try it with their pecan pie ice cream.

Honored Contributor

Hi Terrier..I am from BC so I guess that pudding never made it that far west.We had butter tarts and Nanaimo bars!I am from the town those bars are named after.Have you had Nanaimo bars?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Hi Terrier..I am from BC so I guess that pudding never made it that far west.We had butter tarts and Nanaimo bars!I am from the town those bars are named after.Have you had Nanaimo bars?

Yes I have had Nanaimo bars, but the relatives always said they were from the West!

My son's dad is from Kitchener/Waterloo - central Ontario.

One of my all time favorites is skating, then getting a beaver tail with maple cream from an outdoor stand.

I think beaver tails come from Ottawa/Montreal.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh great...now I have yet another temptation! It sounds really good.

I have another suggestion from the frozen section--Camembert Cheese and Cranberry Sauce Fillo Bites. Twenty minutes in the oven and they're cheesey gooey, a little tart, and covered with a deliciously flaky dough. They're only available at this time of year so I tend to stock up.

Thanks for the reccomendation! I'll be looking out for it.

Respected Contributor

@dex Where are you from? My sister is in Coquitlam! And yes...love the Nanaimo bars!

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

Sticky Toffee Pudding. It was delicious! Not even too sweet, IMO.

This is a popular dessert in Canada and it was easy to prepare in 2 minutes in the microwave.

I just got back from Trader Joe's where I picked this up today.  I can't wait to try it tonight!  I got several other things that had been recommended by people on this Board.  Also, they have Harry & David pears, which are delicious.  They were $7.99 for four pears.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and they were serving it with thin slices of granny smith apples.  The combo was delicious. 

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@dex Where are you from? My sister is in Coquitlam! And yes...love the Nanaimo bars!

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I am from Nanaimo..its on Vancouver island and if you haven't been you should go sometime.It is very beautiful and you can travel the whole island alond one highway so you can't get lost.

Honored Contributor

terrier ...I have not had the treats you mention,but we have a lot of experience in the skating rinks.My son played hockey and I spent many hours in the very early morning shivering in rinks..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

My ex-husband was from Kitchener/Waterloo and his sister lives in Newfoundland. He owns a fishing camp in New Brunswick, and we vacationed in Banff, so I've been to quite a number of provinces!

My son went to university for a while in Toronto and has worked there too...he's dual.