Honored Contributor

Sticky Toffee Pudding. It was delicious! Not even too sweet, IMO.

This is a popular dessert in Canada and it was easy to prepare in 2 minutes in the microwave.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Trader Joe's Dessert...

Oh, I love Sticky Toffee Pudding. I have a really good recipe but to have it premade would be great.

Honored Contributor

When I saw the title of the thread, I guessed it was by you, terrier.

That sounds good.  How many people does it serve?

Honored Contributor

That sounds good.  Is it in the frozen section?  I'm going to TJ's tomorrow and will look for it.  I've never had sticky toffee pudding.  Do you serve it with vanilla ice cream?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

That sounds good.  Is it in the frozen section?  I'm going to TJ's tomorrow and will look for it.  I've never had sticky toffee pudding.  Do you serve it with vanilla ice cream?

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/category/5

@NickNack@tansy@debcakes, and @terrier3, Enjoy!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Sticky Toffee Pudding

Would you believe us if we told you that this quintessentially British dessert may have origins in Canada? Or that it has only been a staple of British dessert (a.k.a pudding) fare since the 1970's? Sticky Toffee Pudding is just so British, so very traditional, that it seems absolutely impossible that these facts could possibly be. And yet… all true. Trader Joe's Sticky Toffee Pudding has only been around since, well, now, and yet, we think it's poised to become a holiday tradition in our stores and in your kitchen.

Trader Joe's Sticky Toffee Pudding is a classic interpretation of this British-Canadian-traditional-since-the-'70s dessert. It starts with a moist, dense, golden brown cake that's made with real butter and brown sugar, along with chopped dates, which add a rich, sticky sweetness without making the cake too heavy. The cake is baked with a luxurious toffee sauce on the bottom, so when you heat it at home and invert it onto a serving plate, the toffee sauce is on top, and flows down the sides of the cake and onto the plate. This is a very good thing. It can be an even better thing if you add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top.

You'll find Sticky Toffee Pudding in our freezers during the holiday season, for as long as we can keep it in stock. We're selling each 10.2 ounce package (two servings) for $3.99.

___

Honored Contributor

Thank you @bebe777.  I get TJ's flier.  I can't believe I didn't notice the sticky toffee pudding.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Another thing Trader Joe's has right now are Harry & David pears.  They're in a pack of four.  They are really delicious.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Costco had this dessert last year, and it was beyond delicious.!  I had never had it.  Omg, it is like almond roca cake without the nuts.  Costco sold it in the usual double boxes. Too much!  I bought it, and it lasted us for a long time.  It is freezable, and it lasts a long time in fridge anyway.  It is just too good and decadent for me to keep in the house.

Honored Contributor

I am canadian and we never ate that pudding and this is the first I have heard of it...has to be British.I will have to get some to try because it looks wonderful...PS the Canadian bacon sold here is what I grew up calling ham...we like strip bacon too.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I am canadian and we never ate that pudding and this is the first I have heard of it...has to be British.I will have to get some to try because it looks wonderful...PS the Canadian bacon sold here is what I grew up calling ham...we like strip bacon too.

My ex is Canadian. We had sticky toffee oudding a lot at his sister's house in central Ontario. I always preferred it to butter tarts. TJs version is actually MADE in Canada.