Occasional Contributor

Re: New TSV for a Vitamix coming up soon. Really want one!

I purchased the TSV Sunday--please help me feel good about spending all that money. I'm trying to heal my body from Graves Disease, so on a really strict diet. I thought this would help. Wasn't as much chatter on the boards about the deal as I thought there would be. Then during the mid-evening show our cable channel was stuck on the same picture the whole time. I briefly heard Mary Beth say in the AM that this same thing was offered a few years ago, and it sold out before noon. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased my Creations on five easy pay about three years ago, and have absolutely no regrets. It is a snap to clean - no blender disassembly! I was smoking out my old Oster trying to make smoothies. I wanted it for a long time, and the easy pay made it relatively painless to own one.

I wanted a machine that could turn even tough vegetables into smoothies. Today I made one from golden beet, kale, celery, green apple, grapes and frozen mango. When I'm making the smoothies regularly, I feel healthier and my digestion is better. I have gluten intolerance, so I grind my own quinoa, oats, buckwheat into flour in it. I just use my regular container, I don't make flour often enough to justify the dry container. I love to make soup in it, too.

It's great for cocktails, too. In winter I make one with whole cranberries, pomegranate juice and vodka. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2015 lacey1 said:

I have had to 'explain' why I have a Vitamix to a couple of people. I am not the type to have the top of the line anything unless I have a good reason, so when I got my Vitamix-some of my family members thought I was nuts.

Well, our family has a story that explains why a Vitamix is a smart purchase. When my family first moved to the suburbs, (many moons ago)-all the lots were the same size, about 1/2 acre. My dad went out and bought the cheapest, gasoline, push mower that there was. The guy down the street bought a top of line lawn tractor. My dad thought he was a big show off and not very good with his money. Anyway, us kids had to cut the grass. It took the better part of the day with that push mower. The guy with the tractor was done in a half hour. Then, he got a wagon for the tractor-he could do yard cleanup, rake up his leaves, spread mulch, take his trash cans out to the curb, etc. Then, he got a snow blade for it-he could plow the snow, spread gravel, etc. If we kids complained-Dad would go into his diatribe about having a big expensive tractor when a lawn mower did the same job. Meanwhile, we had to get a new mower every 4-5 years. The tractor lasted forever.

Finally, us kids moved out and Dad was in charge of the lawn. Guess what the first thing he bought was? A top of line tractor with all the attachments.

So, the moral of the story. Spend your money wisely and make sure to use whatever you spend on-that is smart shopping.

Nice story but unfortunately this is 2015 and the tractors of today are not built the same. As far as Vitamix, they are quite well built and highly recommended and they only use a few more Chinese parts than companies like Blendtec yet I would purchase from Vitamix directly for the same reasons as Chickenbutt.

I myself have 3 VM machines (actually 2 are in working order) but the best thing I ever did was opt to not replace my container with the VM one and went with the Waring container so now I can make my ice cream and sorbets without a plunger.

Trusted Contributor

I use mine all the time. As other posters have stated, you can use it for more than smoothies and soups. My sister has a Ninja, and I think if all you plan to do is make smoothies, that would probably be fine. But if you plan to use it for other things, it's worth the investment, IMO.