Honored Contributor

New Old World and Floral Lace dinnerware now available on Q

I love this new shape, and would love to buy it in at least three colors in Floral Lace, but can you imagine with the new replacement policy, (either have to pack it all up and return to Q, or pay $10 per piece to be replaced from TT) how hard (and how many people are going to have to) it is going to be to pack up that huge set for returns when it comes damaged/defective?

When you put that many pieces in a set, they almost never arrive all in good condition. What a disaster that is going to be, to try to get one good set of these. I'd like them, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of ordering several sets, just to get a good one completed, then re packing and returning all those heavy sets.

And I think it would have been smarter to offer in sets of serving for 4 rather than 8. Many people don't need that big of sets.

Their new policies stink.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: New Old World and Floral Lace dinnerware now available on Q

Oh dear. I just paid off my Lenox Garden Mural. I bought service for 8 with free ship & (for less than the Q wanted for service for 4) from Lenox... They offer easy pay as well, so does Tara's Temptations dot com. Like I said...Oh dear! I'd love the floral lace in Winter... Then I could use Lenox in spring & summer. Temptations fall & winter. Have you seen the new old world color on Temptations dot com? It's too busy purple for me. I need these though, the shape is wonderful! Oh dear...
Regular Contributor

I just looked at the FL and I like the new plate shape. However, where are the mugs/cups? Looking through the inventory, all I saw available was the set of four mugs w/racks, and the selection of colors was limited, compared to the dishes. Maybe I am the exception, but I prefer to have my place settings coordinate.
Contributor

They seem a little less casual than a mug at the table to me. A stemware water glass & wine glass maybe. I never use coffee cups at a place-settings.