Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Mandoline is Interesting!

I was enjoying the presentation, until I saw the garlic demo. My eyes popped, and I just had to have it! I am a kitchen gadget fanatic, and am always on the hunt for the latest, greatest user-friendly one. Before I could put it into my cart, it sold out.🙁 Congratulations to those of you that were lucky enough to snatch one up!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles  The sold out sign was premature. It's now available in all (?} colors. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

They always make mandoline demonstations look effortless. My DH always wants to buy whatever one is being demonstrated - cant't tell you how much money we have wasted on mandolines. None of them are ever as easy as they make them look.

Esteemed Contributor

garlic for me is the worst

so I buy organic diced in a squeeze bottle.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

All colors are available!  I was surprised because several things I wanted to order showed "soldout" but they are clearly available now ....free shipping over interesting☹️🤔

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  Wow.  I hadn't thought of that.  Sad if true.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

It makes no sense. Did you notice that maybe only 2 colors sold out then all of a sudden all of them supposedly sold out instead of each color going one by one as they normally do.  I thought it odd at the time.  Something went haywire.

Maybe Zakarian guaranteed only a certain number of the product and once that number  "sold out"  Zakarian actually had more on hand? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 Thanks for the information! I looked, and can't even find it now.🙁 Maybe during his next visit I will get one, if the majority of reviews are favorable.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I was going to order, but it sold out.  Years ago I had a very inexpensive and lightweight one from QVC.  It only came in off white so that was years ago. One day while cleaning,  I decided I didn't have room for it so I donated it.  Big mistake.  I have never found a good one like that again.  I will try the new one  from Mr. Z. if and when it goes on free shipping.

Respected Contributor

The Dash company has a model that looks to be identical but costs nearly $20 more but at least it's available if anyone wants it bad enough.  I chuckled to myself that perhaps the Dash company saw that their price was so severely being undercut that they complained to QVC to "immediately cease and desist" which was what caused the sudden sell out.  J/K Smiley Happy