Respected Contributor

New Kitchenaid Mixer Bowl Designs

[ Edited ]

I saw an article in Southern Living about new kitchenaid mixer bowls.  They are so pretty.

kitchenaid mixer.jpg

They have several different designs for the bowls,  a tropical leaf pattern, an elegant black-and-white striped bowl, and a textured ceramic option.  The bowls are a little over $100 a piece...

Respected Contributor

Re: New Kitchenaid Mixer Bowl Designs

pretty but kinda exspensive.

Honored Contributor

If I had space to leave my mixer on my counter, I might spring for one of those pretty bowls even at that price level!

Honored Contributor

That pink mixer is the one I had to send back to KA, then, reordered thru Q, and sent it back too , finally just got a refund.  Love that mixer though.

Bowls are nice. just have a KA mini now . Red. LOL

Cuisinart, large one all sitting out LOL

Respected Contributor

I'm happy with my stainless steel bowl.

Wouldn't want anything else !

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this.  I don't have a stand mixer but need a bowl with high sides to use with my hand mixer so batter isn't thrown around the kitchen.  I didn't know that you could buy such a bowl without the stand.

Esteemed Contributor

I do like the new mixer bowls, but at prices ranging from $110 to $120, I think that I will keep my stainless steel ones.  Also, the reviews, while very good, state that the bowl are very heavy.  Just moving my mixer is enough for me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

The bowls are very pretty, but no more functional than the stainless steel ones.  I have already two SS bowls for my mixer which is enough, but if someone wants to gift me one, I.’d be open to t hat idea.

They  also sell decals for the KA mixer to spice things up a bit.

Honored Contributor

I returned the solid colored ceramic bowl I ordered, it was a pain to get off and on. I'm sticking with my glass and stainless bowls. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkrwrote:

Thanks for this.  I don't have a stand mixer but need a bowl with high sides to use with my hand mixer so batter isn't thrown around the kitchen.  I didn't know that you could buy such a bowl without the stand.

@ValuSkr You don't want these for stand alone use, the base is narrow. You're safer with a wider based bowl less prone to tipping if you're using it with a hand mixer. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval