Respected Contributor

Re: New Insta Pot Cast Iron Pot

The gimmick, that sensible people understand, is you put the cast iron pot in the contraption when it’s empty, add the ingredients, and then cook it in the contraption. I can’t believe I had to point that out.
Super Contributor

heavy!! read the actual reviews; not so good. I have and use my old oval multi-use pot. it sautees, then I flip it to slow cook. has several options, and pot light and easy to clean. I love my instant pots, but pass ing on this. I don't use my stove top or oven. everything either micro, Ninja air fryer/grill, instant pots. 

Respected Contributor

@knittykitty  I have read reviews from Amazon, Macy's, JC Penny,  and Home Depot.  All were 4.5 to 5 stars.  Can you please share where you saw the poor reviews?  Before I decide I like to get as much info as possible.  Thank you in advance.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 

On the demo they mentioned AND showed "starting it in the pot, and you can move it to stove top or oven".

I can't believe you didn't see that.

I predict a Camp Le Jeune series of lawsuits by next year when some older lady spills 5 quarts of boiling hot soup on herself trying to lift a 20 pound pot to get it back into that thing so she can "keep it warm on the table".

Sheeesh.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen, yes, there is the option to move it, but you wouldn’t have to.