Frequent Contributor

FYI!  There is a new 1.6 Qt Airfyer on the 'E'  shopping network.  Shows start at 8pm tonight.

Honored Contributor

Is the "E" network you are referring to Evine?

Respected Contributor

Re: New 1.6 Qt Airfyer

[ Edited ]

Isn't 1.6qt rather small?  Mine is 2 or 2.2qt and that is small enough for one or two people.  1.6qt would be small indeed.

Honored Contributor

It is small.  It would be good for cooking for one.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Is the "E" network you are referring to Evine?

@Krimpette yes it's Evine and it's on right now if you want to take a look or otherwise they should have a video up rather soon.

Respected Contributor
It sure is tiny. I got mine on Black Friday at WalMart for $39 and is a bit over 2qts. This one is definitely for a single person.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the small air fryer.  I just do not fry foods but I do make oven bake french fries.  Might try chicken tenders, I'll report back after I use it a few times.  

I have the Breville mini oven and I use it every day!

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
It sure is tiny. I got mine on Black Friday at WalMart for $39 and is a bit over 2qts. This one is definitely for a single person.

@Tigriss it's so funny you mention Walmart as on my way wandering through the aisles I stumbled upon one of those glass bowl convection ovens for only  $29.99 which would be perfect for cooking for one or two . . . I had all I could do to keep myself from popping it into my cart . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
@momtochloe I'm always concerned about those glass bowl ones. Tempered glass can crack or shatter at higher temperatures. I have some roasted red skinned potatoes with parmesan in my air fryer now.
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@momtochloe I'm always concerned about those glass bowl ones. Tempered glass can crack or shatter at higher temperatures. I have some roasted red skinned potatoes with parmesan in my air fryer now.

@Tigriss I had one of those glass bowl ovens a while ago and I have to say I really liked it but it was taking up too much room . . . now that it's just me I kind of am attracted to one again as it gives you a bit more room to cook roasts and things.  Please know I love my air fryer and I would miss the crisp it gives on fries and other frozen food but once it gives out I may have to give that Walmart one a second look as I love a good pork roast and right now my air fryer is just too small to make one.