Respected Contributor

Needing Coffee Maker for Work & Got the Keurig K45

[ Edited ]

I have been wanting to get a coffee maker for work, the one they gave me is the el chepo drip machine.  I wanted a single serve brewer like my good old Keurig B60 Platnium from years ago.  I was looking seriously at the Hamilton Beach Flex Brew, but found the September Insider for QVC.  Q is having a Keurig special next month on the old school K45 brewer in black, blue, red, and white with 48 pods, my K-cup, and 3 filters for $79.  By the time you count $10 for each of the Donut Shop coffee 12 packs and the 12 pack variety you have a coffee maker for $39.  So, I ordered that one today.  It is the old one that takes any pod/refillable pod.  K43199 is the number if you want to check it out.  I found it by googling QVC September 2015 insider.  It is also on $19 flex pays.

Super Contributor

Re: Needing Coffee Maker for Work & Got the Keurig K45

I'm thinking of ordering this also. I've never owned a keurig but have some big changes in our families schedules starting this fall, I need simple,quick,and easy in the morning. It looks like a good deal considering the cost of kcups plus I really want a white one. I plan on ordering very soon!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the white one.  I is on advanced order status and will ship closer to the airing date.  I too need something quicker than having to gather the coffee, filters, and water, then wait for the cheap coffee maker to brew my usual travel cup in the mornings.  I'm usually rushed to get things settled before my students get to my room, so making coffee in front of them is not a good thing since I'm dealing with inmates.  I also don't like the glass carafe, so the once piece Keurig is much safer for me than having a potential glass weapon laying around, but the staff all have them.  I just really prefer the quick nature of the Keurig, quality of the Roger's Family coffee pods, their price, and auto delivery of them.

I also mean to add that this K45 is the old school one that will take any pod from any manufacturer/refillable cup.  I have the original B60 programmable to come on one,but I always unplug it due to potential house fire, as I do with all my heating element appliances.

Super Contributor

Tigriss- I'm excited to get mine and hoping the white will be easy to keep clean. I hope they don't take too long to ship. My husband is a corrections officer, so I know what you mean about not wanting to bring in anything that might end up being dangerous. He's actually the main reason I'm getting the keurig, he swears he "doesn't know how" to make coffee. Even he can use a keurig!
Contributor

I have this model in white for about 2 years now.  Got it from the Q when it was a TSV.  You will love it.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I wonder when it will ship?  I would love to have it before the estimated delivery date of October 1st!  I've not ordered something this far ahead before, so I don't know how these things work.