Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a new dishwasher

@Daysdee wrote:

I like Miele.

I have loved my Bosch, but am certainly going to check this one out too!

Honored Contributor

I found this online :

Dishwasher noise levels are rated in decibels, the lower the decibel number the quieter the dishwasher. A difference of just a few decibels may not seem to be much, but a dishwasher that is just one decibel more is actually 30 percent louder.

A dishwasher that is four decibels more is twice as loud. However, buying a dishwasher at 44 DBs is quiet enough.

You can get like a 38 decibel level , but,  it's gonna cost 2 or better. I didn't want to spend over thousand , so, I'm happy with 44 decibels LOL

By the time they figure in the tax, the kit, installation charges, if they charge you to haul off the old one, etc. It mounts up fast.

Honored Contributor

A Maytag failed after two years, replaced with a GE that is still running.  Eventually I'll go back to Maytag, that baby could clean anything.  Dried on food was no challenge.  This GE is pathetic.  I'm not one to wash the dishes first, believe me.  I do suggest a stainless tub, though, on any brand. 

Valued Contributor

I ended up buying a Kitchen-Aid and will have it installed tomorrow. There was a limited selection in stock as I wanted a white one, and they don't sell many whites these days. It has an adjustable top rack for taller items and a stainless interior. It is all I need.

Respected Contributor

good luck marybella. sending you good luck with i and i hope you love it.   

Valued Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good luck marybella. sending you good luck with i and i hope you love it.   

Thank you! So far, so good! It's nice and quiet and the  two loads of dishes I have washed were squeaky clean. The newer dishwashers take a lot longer to go through the cycle, but they are saving water and  electricity. I didn't need anything too fancy, so this sure fits the bill. Even the "not so fancy" dishwashers are expensive!

Respected Contributor

Bosch, Bosch, Bosch.  I have the mid range model and they clean great and are so quiet.  We got our son and DIL the next model up for an anniversary gift when there 2 year old one died.  They run it all the time and have no problems and their dishes are clean.  Their other one never did a good job of cleaning.  It was a GE.  Have a neighbor with a $1200 Kitchenaid machine that was barely 2 years old and the computer croaked.  

Respected Contributor

I was so pleased to find this!

Our nearly 14 year old GE dishwasher started making a horrendous racket which is not typical.  It's been operating perfectly, cleans the dishes and pots and pans beautifully and nearly silently, until yesterday!  So, right before Christmas, we need to buy a new dishwasher!  

Thanks for all the advice! 

Honored Contributor

I have a Kitchenaid & hate it!  Never again!!

While it has a nice stanless interior and is super quiet, it doesn't do a very good job of dishwashing.  Plus lots of little tiny pieces (all sorts of clips to hold things together) keep coming off.  

If I were to buy new now I would look into Bosch.

Respected Contributor

bosch 3 tier, top tier is for silverware, so much better than sticking silverware in a basket, really cleans. The basket had a few peices of food & I really do rinse before putting it into the washer.. It does take a few seconds to put each piece in the upper rack but worth it.

Spoiler
Spoiler