Honored Contributor

Re: Need some suggestions for cleaning a badly burned pan

@depglass 

check out TSV bio clean they are deminstrating burned on food on ss pan.  This might be the answer!

Honored Contributor

I'm almost at the finish line.  I did 4 baking soda boils for 15 minutes each.  Let pan cool enough to not burn myself and scraped with a flat bladed heavy ice cream scoop.  I'm on the last boil this morning.  I'm down to faint black marks I can get with nylon scrubbing pad.  Thanks all for the ideas.  Next time I'll try another method.  Smiley Happy  (I'll be extra careful from now on)

Honored Contributor

I put boiling water in the pan, enough to cover the baked-on stuff, and let it sit overnight.  The next morning, the stuff has come off or will scrape off easily.

Respected Contributor

@depglass Try some Blue Dawn erase foam ttype dish soap, that stuff is a miracle, and has been for me.

Respected Contributor

@depglass I am really glad there wasn't a fire, and you were hurt. I triple check my store everyday. A good habit to do.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I read this on this forum:  put some water in the pan and add a fabric softener sheet.  Let it stand several hours.      I've done this and it softens everything stuck to the pan and I was able to clean my pan easily and completely.     I hope the suggestions given today help you.

My method also - I use boiled water and the dryer sheet and by the time the water gets cold comes up easily.