Respected Contributor

Re: Need info on the best counter top oven

@Othereeeen   The points you made in your post were excellent.   My husband is now a retired electrician and when we bought our home 23 years ago he completely rewired our entire house and changed out our breaker box. 

Our home had been built in the early 70's and even though the wiring appeared to be in good shape he was concerned about putting the newer appliances with such high wattage on older circuits.  

As an electrician he said that many a house fire can be started by overloading the older circuits that aren't equipped to handle the higher wattage needs.

Thank you for your reminder.  Many people who live in older homes aren't always aware of this potential fire hazard.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Thank you so much for mentioning that non-stick interiors in our appliances such as counter top ovens can be deadly to our pet birds. 

It is difficult to find appliance that aren't treated with non-stick interior but it's not completely impossible.  

When we wanted to purchase a convection counter top oven we finally found one that was not PTFE or PFOA treated.  We purchased an Oster and it works perfectly.  

I won't have any non-stick items in my home.  I do have a waffle iron and a griddle that are both non-stick.  They were both purchased before I got my bird.  

When I want to use either one of them I just take them outside and set them up on the small outdoor kitchen that I have on my patio.

I know that non-stick skillets and appliances are easy to clean but I won't take the chance with the life of my bird.

Honored Contributor

Tomgirl, thank you for bringing up points I hadn't thought of.  This is a very old cottage, added onto twice from what we can tell.  We had an inspection before we bought it but I doubt if the inspector was concerned with high wattage appliances.  So I will check the new oven out when I buy it.  The old stove is electric, I won't have gas because of the open flame. That's just one of my idiosyncrasies, we don't have grandchildren running around but I'm overly afraid of fires.  So the winner of this survey is definitely Breville.  I'm doing research now because some of this stuff takes months to get into stock.  

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Breville!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Breville Air Oven and it has many uses. It is the best countertop oven I have ever owned. The inside cleans so easily and it only takes a wipe with a warm cloth. I have had this for three years and it looks new. It also has a tray below it that catches any crumbs etc. that cleans up easily as well.

I had the previous model the Breville Pro and passed it onto my daughter. She loves it also. Uses hers all the time.

The Breville Air also takes a 9" x13" pan easily. It has two racks and also shows on the glass front that shows what rack goes where for cakes etc. Mine also will fit a 12 cup cupcake pan. I bought mine from Bed Bath and Beyond and had a 20% off coupon.

We hardly ever use our large oven. We can make a 9-10 lb. ham in this also. Anyone that buys any of the Breville ovens will be happy. Just check the inside dimensions for what pans you would use.

Respected Contributor

I have a Breville Smart Oven that I bought in late 2014 & it's still going strong.  I use it several times a week & if it ever dies, I'll get another one.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Breville here.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Frequent Contributor

Breville is the best out there!!  Performs all functions very well.  Lasts over time! You will love it!!  

Honored Contributor

I would recommend the Wolf countertop oven.

Valued Contributor

I also have the Wolf countertop oven (2 years now). It performs flawlessly for cooking.  It also has a "proof" setting, and as a baker, I use that feature a lot. It gets used more often than my wall oven.