Respected Contributor

Need help to clean gear wheels in rotisserie

I have the Showtime Ronco rotisserie.  I cooked a chicken in it, and the wheels inside that turn were covered in baked on grease, all brown.  I tried soaking them, and using a brush to scrub, then in the dishwasher.  They came out the same!  All sticky with brown coated grease.  Now I scrubbed with brillo.  They are a little better, but I just can't get into the smaller areas around the holes, and still some stuff baked on.  I even tried soaking with beach kitchen cleaner.   Gosh...I hope this isn't the case after every use.

I'm thinking oven cleaner??   Please tell me what those of use that have rotisseries.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need help to clean gear wheels in rotisserie

Put it in the sink and drop one of those solid dishwaster tablets in the sink and let it soak for a while.  It should come clean.  

Honored Contributor

2 yrs ago, when my mother first got her rotisserie counter top oven she did the same thing BlingQueen recommended.  She also used an old toothbrush.

After cleaning she sprayed the gear wheels w/PAM.  Now she claims cleanup is a breeze.  She just wipes the grease off.  She re-sprays every 3-4 months.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

O.K.  I'll give it a try...appreciate!

Frequent Contributor

I've heard Bar Keepers Friend is a good cleaner to use.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

grease lightning works well on grease or i would spray it with easy off oven cleaner and let it soak on awhile.