Valued Contributor

Need electronic pressure cooker recipes

I just purchased the 6qt. electronic pressure cooker from Aldi for $39.99. I have never used a pressure cooker before and am looking for tried and true recipes. Can anyone help me out or is there a certain website or cookbook you can recommend for this. I am excited about having one after watching the demos on QVC (for other brands) and knowing I can have dinner ready fairly fast after working all day. Also, does anyone know if they all can work with frozen food like the demos on the Q or just certain brands?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need electronic pressure cooker recipes

Just Google pressure cooker recipes and you'll be busy reading until Christmas. Best to use thawed meats.

Super Contributor

I use Bob Warden's pressure cooker cookbooks for many recipes.

Frequent Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Awesome Website - hippressurecooking.com. Also, Laura just published her cook book and it focuses on ELECTRIC Pressure Cookers. I'm going to buy that really soon.

I've gotten lots of tips from her website and she blogs on there a lot.

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Esteemed Contributor

I did not use a lot of new recipes, just cut the cooking time for my all time favorites.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, I did google electronic pressure cooker recipes but just was not sure if all of them were for the electric ones or if some were for the stove top. I assume it makes a diff. on how long? Maybe not, I am new to this but I do appreciate all of your help.

Honored Contributor

It really doesn't make any difference if the recipe is for an electric or stove-top model. I used my stove-top for years and interchange the recipes I used with it with my newer electric. After you've used it a bit you can adapt your own recipes to pressure cooking.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 karlam said:

I use Bob Warden's pressure cooker cookbooks for many recipes.

I highly recommend Bob Warden's Great Food Fast sold on Amazon. It's specifically designed for electric pressure cookers is invaluable to me as a ""newbie"" to PC. I especially appreciate a chart in the back for various cuts of meat/foods and how to adjust for frozen or fresh.

Denise