Honored Contributor

Re: Need a Plastic or Stainless steel straw cleaning brush?? Where I found one....

@shoesnbags

Well thanks for clarifying. 

@shoesnbags wrote:

Ladies, they're not talking about plastic straws that come 50 or 100 to a pack. There are tumblers, insulated cups, mugs, etc. that come with a heavier plastic straw that is supposed to be reused. THOSE straws are difficult to clean properly. Hope that helps!

Not if you put them on the bottom dishwasher prongs or utensil tray & air dry.

OR

Put on your playtex gloves & run hot spicket water inside the straws right after use. Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need a Plastic or Stainless steel straw cleaning brush?? Where I found one....

Thanks for the tips about the cleaning brushes.  Some people are purchasing metal straws because of the environmental issues caused by the use of plastic disposable straws.  They end up in waterways, especially oceans; poison and entangle marine life, and other problems.  The plastic holder on a six-pack of soda pollutes the oceans similarly. Another problem created by "convenience" products are the one cup packets for coffee machines.

I have a set of metal straws as well as sets of bamboo utensils that replace plastic cutlery.  They, too. cut down on pollution.