Trusted Contributor

Need Toaster Recommendations

My 20-year-old toaster is shot, and I'm looking to replace it. I am not sure what I want. The old one had one long, wide slot, which made it easier to toast bagels and such. I do have a toaster oven, so that's not as critical as it once was. However, I do want a toaster (in addition to the toaster oven) because my kids eat Eggo waffles like they're going out of style. 

Any recommendations? I do not want a state-of-the-art machine that will set me back $$$. Just a good, basic, reliable toaster. Thanks in advance!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Toaster Recommendations

I purchased an Oster at BB&B that has worked well for years. It's a 2 slice model but the slots are wide enough for a bagel or Italian bread yet it has an average footprint. I have very limited counter space so this was a concern of mine. It was very reasonsalbe in price and I had a coupon. They have a lot to choose from in the store and more on line. They always have sales and free shipping offers. I also have found some of these items at Kohl's on line. Good luck.      

Respected Contributor

I have the Toast and Egg West bend Toaster.  it cooks your toast/English muffin/Bagel and will do an egg and sausage to put on it to make a sandwich like an Egg McMuffin but way cheaper.  

Product Details

It is $35.50 on Amazon with prime shipping. I've had mine for 9 years or so.  I love it.!

http://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-TEM500W-Muffin-Toaster/dp/B008YNFB3Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=14354252...

Honored Contributor

I have a Cuisinart one.   Pretty basic toaster, but works perfectly great for making toast.    Cuisinart is one of the brands that I like, so that was probably why I purchased it in the first place.  I've had it for probably 10-15 years but I don't make toast all the time.

Honored Contributor

I'm getting rid of my toaster. My new Breville convection oven makes the most perfect toast I've ever seen.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone for your recommendations!

Regular Contributor

toaster

This has without a doubt been the BEST toaster I have ever had.  I LOVE it and highly recommend it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaryH wrote:

toaster

This has without a doubt been the BEST toaster I have ever had.  I LOVE it and highly recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will take a look at it. 

Honored Contributor

I have an awesome four slice, wide slot Black and Decker toaster from Wal-Mart. It has a special feature if toasting bagels or something frozen. I would definitely buy this model again, and it was under $40.
Respected Contributor

Kitchenaid makes a really great two slot wide toaster . It comes in a pretty red (or black or silver.)  Metal construction, not cheap plastic. Very nice, what you'd expect from Kitchenaid.