Respected Contributor

Need Suggestions - Need cooker w/ "Ceramic insert"

I found one on AMZN - a Proctor Silex described as having "removable stoneware".

Stoneware is the same as "ceramic", correct?

Anyone have a cooker they like with a ceramic inner pot?

Suggestions/Ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Suggestions - Need cooker w/ "Ceramic insert"

Stoneware and Ceramic are the same as far as I know.... I've always had a stoneware insert because it's thick, well glazed and cooks evenly.  It also washes up well.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@RinaRina

@Q4u

I didn't have a clue, so I looked it up on Google.  You might find this interesting, I did.  Has to do with amount of firings.  (Always wondered why they called it "bone china", too!)

http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Are-the-Differences-Between-Porcelain-Stoneware-and-Bone-China-/1000000...

Denise
Respected Contributor

This is my favorite slow cooker. The picture doesn't show it but there are 3 different size bowls - 2, 4, and 6 qt bowls.The different size bowls make it very versatile.

http://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-stainless-3-in-1-slow-cooker-with-black-bowls-33135/-/A-10611...

Honored Contributor

I love slow cooking and still have my favorite book I was given when I got married!  I forget the name of it but it's done by a lady named Mabel and there's a recipe in there for Chicken Ole that is just wonderful ..... 

Thanks for showing that versatile cooker... I have the Ninja (which I love) but with just DH and myself now I'll have to learn to cut the recipes or we'll be eating that one dish for a week... Woman Frustrated  So I was thinking of downsizing..... 

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a few crock pots and my current one is my fave. It's the Crock Pot brand and it has the ceramic liner that can go in the dishwasher. Not all of them can. This is a must on my list now that I have this one. Make sure your liner is glazed and removable. I find that the liner sometimes needs replaced before the unit itself. 

Honored Contributor

OP should know that the crock pot I have with the stoneware insert is also safe in the dishwasher.... 

Respected Contributor

I have a CORNINGWARE slow cooker with corningware insert.

What I would like to find is a replacement insert for my 6 qt Nesco. The Nesco CS says sold out and no date for availiability.