Respected Contributor

My food processor slicing blade is broken and  at its age not replaceable.  I don't think I want to replace machine just because of slicer.

Any suggestions?  I want to make onion soup and knives don't like me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Need Slicer for Onions

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom wrote:

My food processor slicing blade is broken and  at its age not replaceable.  I don't think I want to replace machine just because of slicer.

If you could use chopped onions, you could try the pull and chop device:  

K48049
Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 2-Cup Pull Chops  ---$29.98

Valued Contributor

A mandolin.  Zacarian had one on the show today.

Honored Contributor

Got may Dash mandolin at Bed and Bath and not mess with Q's processing and shipping horrors.

Use 20% off coupon, walk in, buy, walk out. No constant checking deliveries, paying shipping. Make life easier for yourself. It's the very same machine as that Zakerian one.

Honored Contributor
Cut the root end off the onion, set the onion on that newly cut flat end, cut straight down thru the middle, peel the outer layers off, lay the onion flat with the middle of the onion down. Use a fork to stabilize the onion and start slicing.

I'm one of those people who refuse to buy kitchen gadgets when my hands work just fine.
Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Twins Mom wrote:

If you could use chopped onions, you could try the pull and chop device:  

K48049
Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 2-Cup Pull Chops  ---$29.98

@KatieB @Twins Mom  ..... this is one of the best products that i’ve bought from QVC ...I use it all the time 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

A mandolin.  Zacarian had one on the show today.

@Maggie Nolia  ... I was going to buy this & then I read the reviews .... I suggest you read them before you buy😊

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Got may Dash mandolin at Bed and Bath and not mess with Q's processing and shipping horrors.

Use 20% off coupon, walk in, buy, walk out. No constant checking deliveries, paying shipping. Make life easier for yourself. It's the very same machine as that Zakerian one.

@SharkE  .... WOW ... I checked out the Dash Mandolin .... it is exactly the same machine as the one QVC has that chef Zakarian claims to have invented .... I wonder who really invented this..... I guess we will never find out?? 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE I haven't tried mine yet, is it easy to use?

Esteemed Contributor

I use a large serving fork to stabilize onion and use it as a slicing guide.