Valued Contributor

Need Opinions on finding a great stove top whistling tea kettle

I have a glass stove top and am looking for a really good whistling tea kettle that will last a few years.  Has anyone found one that they are super happy with?  TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Need Opinions on finding a great stove top whistling tea kettle

My mother used a whistling tea kettle for many, many years and never had a problem with it. 

Go to Amazon and check out their Revere Ware whistling tea kettle for $23.00.  Of course, they  have many choices but this is the one I would suggest; it will last forever.

Contributor

I would agree with that - my  mother also had a Revere Ware kettle for years.

Respected Contributor

I have a Farberware that I have two backups for because I like it so much. It holds 2 quarts, has a whistler that you don't have to pull off (burns), and has a big enough lid so you can fill it easily and see and clean the interior. I'd never have one that didn't allow you to see what it looked like inside. That's just me.

Valued Contributor

Unless you are die hard set on a whistling pot look into an electric kettle.  They are faster and more energy efficient.  I bought one on Amazon and threw my whistling kettle away. You can set temperatures too on most of them if you don't want or need just boiling water.

Honored Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Unless you are die hard set on a whistling pot look into an electric kettle.  They are faster and more energy efficient.  I bought one on Amazon and threw my whistling kettle away. You can set temperatures too on most of them if you don't want or need just boiling water.

These are wonderful!  We use ours all the time.  I have had a cheap white one a long time ago (worked great!) and now a nice Breville.  I wouldn't be without one! 

I had a stovetop Chantal one that worked great before the electric ones, but in truth I wouldn't go back.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@giddy up wrote:

These are wonderful!  We use ours all the time.  I have had a cheap white one a long time ago (worked great!) and now a nice Breville.  I wouldn't be without one! 

I had a stovetop Chantal one that worked great before the electric ones, but in truth I wouldn't go back.

Same here. Have had an electric one for years. Like it very much.

Respected Contributor

@Swedish Ivy wrote:

I would agree with that - my  mother also had a Revere Ware kettle for years.

My Revere Ware kettle is 53 years old and I use it every day. It is so old that it was made in the USA .

I was given a gift of an electric one about a year ago......I keep meaning to take it out of the box !

Valued Contributor

I've had a Kitchenaid whistling 1 1/2 qt. tea kettle for quite some time now.  This is the second one I've had over the years. 

I like it because it doesn't stand too high, has a one-handed flip top and a large covered opening on top to clean it with a nice heavy handle on top. 

I have a dark navy blue one and it matches my Fiestaware cobalt blue canister and utensil holder. 

I like my tea kettle, but I would like to, some day, try an electric one for a change so I could regulate the temperature......