Honored Contributor

Re: Need New Baking Pans Any Suggestions?

I have had the Curtis Stone cookie sheets for about 3 years or so.  Just like new and no sticking.  I have the "speckled/gray."  I think the ones that people complain about are the ones that come in colors--red, gold, blue, etc.

Honored Contributor

Without a doubt the best is MAGIC LINE, made in Gardena, California.  They are professional bake pans, not fancy...just like a bakery would use for 100 years.. lol. I bought them on Amazon.  They are resonalble,  the 9x13 runs about 23 bucks.  They cook so even.  When I bake cakes, the cake falls out like they were teflon, which they are not.

a friend in the bakery business recommended them.  I was looking for something made entirely in the US.  I also did not want teflon .  Being I am from California I jumped at supporting a California business with real people.

I have the square 8 iand 9".  I habe 3 sizes round pans with the nearly 2 in sides, a baking pan and some bread loaf pans.  I bought them 15 years ago..just checked, they are still on amazon and still in business!

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL what I meant is USA Pans don't have a Teflon or similar coating.  They're just metal pans like @carmie wrote.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for your recommendations,much appreciated. I definitely will be checking out the ones mentioned. I knew I could count on you ladies!!! Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@Carmie - I agree.  I have a number of USA pans I bought at BB&B and they are wonderful.  Nice weight and great non-stick. I've had mine for a couple of years and they still bake like new.

Don't understand Coffeedrinker's post that USA pans are not non-stick.  All the ones I've seen and own are non-stick.

I was reading reviews on  amazon on the USA pans and some were saying there 8x8 pans were leaking from the corners and they are very  hard to clean. Have you had any problems with these pans. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't remember the brand name but they are silver finish with "ripples" for the non-stick.  SurLaTable has the same thing under their house brand. (Senior moment.....BBB one is USA brand). 

Honored Contributor

I've always had good luck with Wilton, but I'm not someone who does a lot of baking. I'm not sure what the baking experts think of that brand.

Valued Contributor

Ive been replacing my old metal pans with Temptations.. I know people have mixed reviews but I really like the way they cook in the oven. I bought my daughter a few too and she loves them as well. to each their own i guess.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama   I have not had any problems with leaking.  I own cookie sheets, the hamburger roll pans, jelly roll pans, and a couple of sizes of the cake pans so far.

Honored Contributor

For the silicone baking pans you need sheet pans to move them from the counter into the oven.

If they are anything like the silicone sheets they will always feel like they have an oil slick on them and never feel clean. 

I had the sheets and threw them all away.