Occasional Contributor

Need Advice for New cookware!!!

I have an older set of cooks essentials non stick that I do love BUT I have been reading a lot lately that the non stick is terrible for you. I would like recommendations on a stainless set or whatever you would recommend. Starting to cook/eat a lot healthier and I need new cookware. I just purchased the vitamix and can't wait to start using it. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Advice for New cookware!!!

All-Clad makes the best on the market. It can be pricey, but it will last a lifetime.

Respected Contributor

If you are a member of Costco, try their Kirkland brand. Wonderful cookware. Far superior to cook's essential.

Trusted Contributor

Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware is excellent and years ago was Consumer Report's best rated. I still use some of it I bought a long time ago but also love my Rachael Ray hard anodized cookware set which is dishwasher safe and has PFOA-free non-stick interiors. Got it here when it was a TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

I love, Love LOVE Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware. I got my collection, which is still growing, from the outlets!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

IMO, you need different pieces. Like a good Le Creuset Dutch oven, all clad SS and I even have all clad non stick for certain things. As long as you preheat SS, sticking is minimal depending. Williams Sonoma runs All Clad specials about 3 times a year and that's when I buy. Great cookware. But check ratings, don't own anything else to compare other than my 14 year old cooks essentials that is all going away.
Super Contributor

The best advice. I made a mistake of thinking that my farberware was so old that I needed a new set. One pot started to leak while cooking. So I bought caliph alon and these are getting warped. Well now I realized that it is not the sets that I had/have, it is a glass top stove that is ruining all of my cookware. So if you have a glass top stove, make sure that whatever you buy, they can handle glass top cooking. I personally loved my Farberware. 35 yrs old. Not bad. And I cook plenty. Good luck. I can't wait to get a new stove. LOL