Super Contributor

Re: Need A New Stove Anyone Have A Convection Stove?

I just bought a new kitchen aid stove that has regular and true convection. Must say, I love the convection!!! Just turn your temp down 25 degrees and you will have the best baked goods, best broiled food, and most amazing juicy roasts you have ever had!!

Valued Contributor

my oven/ range has both convection and regular--I think I've used the convection once
Valued Contributor

I have a cooktop (gas) and a double-oven (electric). It is a KitchenAid oven. The upper oven is a Regular/Convection oven, the lower oven is regular oven. I think I've used the "convection" feature 2 or 3 times. In my opinion it is useless; however, what sold me on this double-oven was the fact that both ovens were self-cleaning. I can't remember how old it is now but at the time I bought this most double-ovens only had the self-cleaning feature in the upper oven. HTH
Frequent Contributor

On 1/14/2014 JamicaJammer said:

Mom completely redid her kitchen and all appliances a few yrs ago.

Salesman at Lowes talked her into a convection microwave combo. Waste of money - so glad she got a regular, real oven in her range!

I disagree. I have a microwave_convection combo and use the convection all the time. I also have a Kitchen-Aide oven with convection. I have had it 12 years and it is a work horse. By the way since there are only 2 of us anymore I use the convection on the microwave for a lot of things. It helps in not heating the house too.
Respected Contributor

Mine's a GE Profile. I use the convection feature all the time. For cookies and anything that needs browning. Even if you don't see a benefit, it circulates the air for even oven temps. Be sure and check oven size tho. You lose space with the fan in some.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I have a samsung convection stove. It cooks really well. I use the convection setting for everything and it automatically sets itself 25 degrees lower.

I hate the black glass top though. Cooks great but always looks dusty/dirty. I could clean it ten times a day and it still wouldn't look good. My old stove has a gray speckled top and was much easier to keep clean.

Honored Contributor

I've not read any of the replies. DH and I got a new stove a little less than a year ago. Originally we started out wanting a flat top electric, something plain and simple. Then my DH got to the stores and was taken in by the fancy, shmancy stoves.

I now own a GE ceramic flat top that is all bisque, and has a convection oven. The one thing I didn't want was the black cooktop while the rest of the stove was bisque. I really didn't want bisque but I'm stuck in a circle of he~ll with these bisque appliances! LOL

Anyhow, I've yet to use my convection oven. LOL My oven also has a slow cooker setting on it and to be honest, I've never even gotten the book out to see how that is used.

Super Contributor

Love having a convection oven. I started years ago with a Kitchenaid that could do both regular and convection oven cooking. It also had an automatic conversion capability so if I wanted to use convection I just entered the regular (conventional) oven time and temp into the program and it automatically converted it. When I remodeled my kitchen last year I upgraded to a 36 inch Wolf that has convection capability. It does not have the conversion program, but I use convection often for baking especially. Love the even baking and the even color. Gave my Kitchenaid to BIL and he is in heaven loving the convection capability! Good luck and happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know they made convection stoves. But I do have a counter-top convection oven that I really love. It's Calphalon XL Digital Convection Oven.

I went through a lot of reviews and information before choosing this one. It was the clear winner. The other brand that seemed popular seemed to have some troubling problems.

How does this convection stove top work? I'm pretty curious now. I have an older electric stove (the ones with the coil burners) but it works great so I doubt I'll be replacing it any time soon. I do love having a countertop convection oven, to supplement my big oven, though. It's handy and saves on power since I frequently just make small things that will fit in it, plus it bakes faster too. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My Jenn- Air oven is regular and convection. It automatically adjusts the cooking time so there is no need to lower the temperature by 25 degrees. I really like the convection feature. When I cooked my turkey for Thanksgiving, it was done in two hours.