Trusted Contributor

Re: NUTRISYSTEM........... good or bad? worth the $$$$

Any person that I know, that has tried it, says even the smell of the food is not worth it.......I guess for me, I already have issues medically, and may not be around to see my true old age, and I do not want to eat this kind of food, without eating what I enjoy.........with moderation.....I do not want people to see me on a death be and say......."WELL, I WISH I HAD HER FIGURE"....I want to be happy every day with food, and be able to eat what I want, and be happy with MYSELF.......BUT...know that I must hold down the calories and just enjoy food bite by bite, and enjoy the rest of my life........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Just regular every day groceries cost enough, without buying something that is not palatable, and still have to buy the same foods as usual, to add and meet the diet plan.......Cool

I personally have found that going back to my herbs and such, I am losing weight without even trying, and I feel much better.......{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

You can do much better buying from Nutrisystem's website- you choose which foods you want (you're not getting a a pre selected group) - free shipping- there are coupons all over (mrrebates, ebates, etc) - I'd never buy it from Q!

I was on nutrisystem a few years back and did lose weight- but the foods I liked kept getting discontinued. I ended up eating the same few things every day and finally had enough! Most of their proteins are soy based- many have problems eating too much soy. And yes, I gained it back.... not a way to live, eating out of cardboard containers.

Trusted Contributor

I tried it twice hoping the food would be better but it's horrible and expensive. Consider that you have to add all of the healthy vegetables and fruits and you can do much better with Weight Watchers or with a good recipe book.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Contributor

Did it about 7 years ago to jump start my weight loss. I was only on it for a little over a month and I did lose weight, 20 lb, and then lost a total of 45 lb (on my own) which was my goal. I loved the breakfasts and the snacks, that's about it. For the soups and Mac and cheese, I was adding every spice under the sun to make it palpable. The plus is it taught me discipline and got my metabolism started on the right track. It also gives you discipline and I was never hungry. However, if you are committed to losing weight, there are cheaper ways.
Contributor

Palpable should have been palateable. Darned tablet keyboard.
Regular Contributor

I tried it once about 6 years ago and the food was horrible. Total waste of my money.

Jenny Craig's food was very good, and I think Weight Watchers is an excellent program.

Good luck to you!

Super Contributor

The food looks horrible. I can't imagine eating any thing other than FRESH food.

Super Contributor

no way - you have to cook your own food eventually so all this will do is make you gain it all back as soon as you are off their system - believe me I know I've done them all - finally lost 87# doing WW 2 years ago and never looked back!

Valued Contributor

I tried Nutrisystem several years ago. I did loose weight the first few months but found that I was supplying most of the food myself & paying for uneatable food, IMO!! From what I remember Nutrisystem sends you what they want to the first month then after that you can choose, I could not eat any of the soups at all & I tried everything they sent me! I also couldn't most of the entrees...liked the pizza a lot and surprisingly the patty burger...I really ended up eating salad I had bought myself. It seems to work for some but not for me...it all comes down to portion sizes and healthy choices!

Super Contributor

I tried NS a few years ago. Some of the snacks were OK but for the most part it tasted horrible!

I finally advertised it on Freecycle and gave it away.