New Contributor

What was the reason for not allowing internet purchases of Temptations item K-14981? I find this very disheartening since I was thus unable to purchase the item. I make all my purchases via the internet as it is more convient and quicker. The decision to not allow the internet purchase has not only cost you a sale but also a potential Temptations customer and possible a customer of all your kitchen products. 

Very Insulted Customer

Super Contributor

What is this item?  I can't get the item # to come up.

Honored Contributor

@Guz wrote:

What was the reason for not allowing internet purchases of Temptations item K-14981? I find this very disheartening since I was thus unable to purchase the item. I make all my purchases via the internet as it is more convient and quicker. The decision to not allow the internet purchase has not only cost you a sale but also a potential Temptations customer and possible a customer of all your kitchen products. 

Very Insulted Customer

I think you make a great point. I've only come across three items that gave me this message, and I didn't order any of them. That's three lost sales from me.

Honored Contributor

@toril wrote:

She gave the item number in her post. Take the hypen out and you will get the message that the item cannot be purchased online, only over the phone. And even worse, you can't even SEE the item online. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen a business do online and this sin't the first time I've seen QVC do this.

Respected Contributor

I can't find that item number. It can't be ordered by phone either.  I'm guessing the item number is incorrect, or it's something Q no longer has in stock.

Trusted Contributor

I don't see the item number you listed.  I do see a similar item number, and this can be ordered on-line.  Is this what you are looking for?

K41981
Temp-tations Essential 16-piece Oven-to-Table Set

http://www.qvc.com/Temp-tations-Essential-16-pc.-Oven--to-Table-Set.product.K41981.html?sc=K41981-24...

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@toril wrote:

She gave the item number in her post. Take the hypen out and you will get the message that the item cannot be purchased online, only over the phone. And even worse, you can't even SEE the item online. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen a business do online and this sin't the first time I've seen QVC do this.

No, it can't be ordered by phone...I tried.  I can't find a listing for that product number. I think the number is incorrect.

Super Contributor

@oceantown wrote:

I don't see the item number you listed.  I do see a similar item number, and this can be ordered on-line.  Is this what you are looking for?

K41981

http://www.qvc.com/Temp-tations-Essential-16-pc.-Oven--to-Table-Set.product.K41981.html?sc=K41981-24...

Hi @Guz,

I think @oceantown is sharing the correct item number that you were seeking to purchase. I looked at the items that were on air early today and saw the item K41981 was on air this morning.

Hope the response from the Community was helpful.

Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@oceantown wrote:

K41981

Hi @Guz,

I think @oceantown is sharing the correct item number that you were seeking to purchase. I looked at the items that were on air early today and saw the item K41981 was on air this morning.

Hope the response from the Community was helpful.

@Keyai, if that's the case, please forward this to the web team responsible for the fact that the item number she gave comes up with a message saying that the item can only be ordered by phone INSTEAD of giving her a message that the item number she entered was invalid or no longer available. A bad error message means she couldn't respolve the issue, whereas if she'd gotten a "wrong item number" message, she could have tried again.

I've run into this same message and now I don't know if it was my error or not and you are still missing out on sales because of an unhelpful error message that does not redirect a user to recheck the number and try again.

Here's the message I got when I entered her item number, K14981:

Error.JPG

Bad error messages are a huge pet peeve of mine.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm not remotely interested in ordering this item.

However I find it very strange that the item can't be ordered via the internet.  If QVC wants to sell this set, why restrict it from anyone who wants to purchase?  There are times when you want to use the internet - so why on earth would someone refuse to let you buy it in your own way. Don't they get paid regardless??????? 

I think it would be helpful if QVC would explain this decision.