Valued Contributor

I baked a cake in the smaller pan that comes with the 4 in 1.  The cake was still wet in the center and even after baking another 10 minutes was still kind of wet in the middle.  I had to trim the wet parts away so we could eat it (it looked raw in the center).  I used a Duncan Hines marble cake mix.  Can I bake the cake in the full size insert?  Would I follow the directions on the cake box for a 9X13 size pan?  Would appreciate your input.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: NINJA 4 in 1 - CAKE BAKING

[ Edited ]

I think there was just two much mix in the pan. If you make it the next time use a bigger pan if you have one that fits it or less in the pan that came with it and maybe make a few cupcakes. I always put a cup or two of water in the bottom and it steams cooks. Use the bake/oven cycle. Cakes are delicious and moist in the 4-in1 Cooker and w have never had them not done. Post back if it works.  You can make the cake in the insert but it may brown too much in the bottom. Worth a try as other foods are fine cooked directly in it.

Esteemed Contributor

Made oatmeal bars in the insert and won't do it again.

Respected Contributor

I made cornbread several times and it was moist and the best I ever made. I made a few cakes in mine and I think the secret is to not fill it too full and I watched it the last few minutes so I didn't overlook it. Like anything else sometimes it is trial and error.

I love chicken in it and although it doesn't crisp the skin it is the moistest most flavorful I ever had. Lemon Chicken with Rosemary in the book that comes with it is my favorite. Ravioli with Mushroom Sauce was excellent also. The Cavatelli and Broccoli Alfredo was really good also. Now I have to go get a chicken today and make the Lemon Chicken. I freeze my rosemary after I get it fresh and it keeps for months so I don't 

waste it. Have fun experimenting.