Respected Contributor

Re: NEWEST Keurig ….. not the tsv

I bought the TSV because I've never had a Keurig, I loved the capuccino color, and the price seemed right.  Then I realized I truly don't need it and much prefer my old coffee pot.  I'll be giving the Keurig to my parish rectory, where the hardworking priests and staff will make much better use of it than I. Time to put on another pot...

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am wondering why anyone would want to control their Keurig coffee maker from their phone.

You would have to preload the coffee pod. The coffee brews In less than a minute and you will have to go pick it up in person. IMO, this new feature is silly and seems so unnecessary. In the time it takes to open your phone app and "order" your coffee, you could walk there and press start.

My thoughts exactly, @Carmie -- some uses of  "smart" technology are just plain silly.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a coffee drinker so I bought a small Keurig a few years ago for when my family comes for weekends.  They stand around and wait for each cup to brew.

Now if they could start from bed, one would have it ready, pick it up and start by the the time the next one stumbles out and so on.  

If I did drink coffee as a single I would love to start from bed as I do with a remote for my bathroom heater before I got up.  Wish that was on my phone too. Lumeria candles too.

Respected Contributor

I am just sick of "smart" everything. But then I am a Luddite who doesnt even use a cell phone. I don't need to control everything from a distance. Almost everything that I would use that feature for has a timer function that works just fine.

Honored Contributor

I'm an old person who loves new technology. Just like my Dad. He couldn't wait to get a computer when they became commonplace.  I would not be without IPad, phone,etc. However, I find no need for that type of Keurig. I turn mine on with my finger when I want coffee.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I'm an old person who loves new technology. Just like my Dad. He couldn't wait to get a computer when they became commonplace.  I would not be without IPad, phone,etc. However, I find no need for that type of Keurig. I turn mine on with my finger when I want coffee.

This is me! I am very tech savvy, I have created two smart homes yet, I cannot understand why one would need a smart Kuerig. 

Trusted Contributor

@vsm What a nice thing for you to do!Heart

Respected Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@vsm What a nice thing for you to do!Heart

Kind of you to say, @Renata22 .  But I'm just glad that my impulse buy will not be wasted!

Contributor

Had the same problem. Go to youtube and do a search for Keurig Supreme descale.  There is a short video by Just a Dad (or something close to that) on how to descale and it is very helpful.