Frequent Contributor

I absolutely love the overall size of the base and containers!! I am living solo, so right now there is no need for a 64 oz container. Something this size is perfect for those living alone or with one other person. Nice to see that Vitamix is becoming a player in this niche market!

Frequent Contributor

Also, this will put a dent in the Ninja stranglehold of smaller, personal blenders. Of course there will always be that audience that shops based on price and not quality. Not yet knowing how this will be priced, my guess is that it will bring more folks into the Vitamix camp that were put off by the larger, higher priced units. But if I had to provide a guess, I would think it would be in the ballpark of $299.00

Occasional Contributor

Very interesting...

I like the complete info provided in this review: Vitamix s30

Having a smaller blender base and a travel jar is a great idea but for $399??? Seems overpriced even for a Vitamix.

Occasional Contributor
On 3/27/2014 cgando said:

Also, this will put a dent in the Ninja stranglehold of smaller, personal blenders. Of course there will always be that audience that shops based on price and not quality. Not yet knowing how this will be priced, my guess is that it will bring more folks into the Vitamix camp that were put off by the larger, higher priced units. But if I had to provide a guess, I would think it would be in the ballpark of $299.00

The price is $399 - I agree $299 seems better.

Regular Contributor

Williams Sonoma has this listed at $499.99 with a $100.00 off for the debut bringing the price to $399.99. I read elsewhere that the MRSP is suppose to be the $399.99 price point? If this goes on sale for around $299.00 to $349.00 I'll jump on it later this summer. I'm not willing to spend $400.00 for the convenience. It comes with a 5 year warranty on the box, not the 7 year warranty and the horsepower if 700 so it is less powerful than the standard Vitamix blenders. I'm hoping they will come out with one later in the year or early next year that has a "smoothie" setting so you can walk away, come back, and its' done. If someone purchases, please give everyone a review.

Frequent Contributor

People who have and use an RV a lot would probably get a lot of use out of this machine. I do think the S30 would be nice to have for travel; however, unless one travels a great deal, that's a lot of money to spend for something that is as expensive as a full-size Vitamix but with less power.

As I already own a Vitamix, I don't see the S30 as something additional to have at home for the sole convenience of making a smoothie in its own travel cup, not when it's so easy and convenient to make a smoothie and transfer it to a travel cup. However, if someone is looking to buy a machine for that primary purpose and they really don't care to have and use the full capabilities of a full-size Vitamix, then this machine could fill the bill.

Frequent Contributor

Officially announced by Vitamix today....listed for $409.00

In my opinion only - too much. I would have guessed more like $300....what do I know?

New Contributor

VitaMix is selling it for $400+ And its only 2 inches shorter and a slight bit thinner but pay attention to the weight...its not a light item. There is no way i would get this over the NB or other single/2serving sized blenders out there. Also it does not have a very high wattage at all. i know another channel has Blendtechs account now....but does that mean the Q will never have it? For $400 + I would just get the VitaMix 5200 model for $389